The Medical Billings Clerk will have a wide variety duties including:
- To accurately bill all charges related to the hospital and its sister clinics' activities. Raise charges for all patient and non-patient accounts on Compucare, Healthcode and DGL software.
- Carry out regular audits of charge sheets to ensure completeness of revenue capture to an agreed schedule.
- Ensure all accounts are raised and billed within the prescribed timeframes.
- Process invoices to insurers through the EDI system on a daily basis, no later than 3 days post discharge.
- Produce consolidated NHS invoices and backing data in line with the deadlines published in the NHS contract.
- Assist in the accuracy and maintenance of prices and charges within Compucare.
- Provide quotations for fixed price packages using the self-pay price lists.
- To proactively collect payments from Self Funding patients in advance of their attendance for booked procedures
- To handle billing queries from Insurers, patients and consultants.
- To process and receipt any payments made by the patients as part of the team function.
- Run the end of day credit card terminal process.
- Assist the Hospital with ad hoc duties and cover as required.
- Credit control responsiblities including running timely reports to manage all account balances and identify overdue accounts
- To send out reminder/chase letters weekly/monthly as required.
- Investigate and resolve all invoice queries from insurers, patients and Consultants by telephone, letter or in person updating the computer system with notes and actions.
- To process, receipt and post cash, cheque, credit/debit card payments to the relevant accounts.
- Liaise with Insurance companies, patients and NHS to ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
- To prepare accounts for sending to external debt collectors ensuring all documentation is 100% accurate.
- Be an integral member of the Finance team supporting the Head of Finance with any ad-hoc duties, as required.
- To comply with obligations in respect of the Health and Safety at work legislation and attend all allocated training sessions and department meetings.
The Medical Billings Clerk will need to have demonstrable experience in medical insurance billing and fee collection and be able to support our existing accounts team. The individual must have:
- Knowledge of private medical insurance guidelines, payer requirements and systems.
- Familiarity with medical insurance coding.
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and a can do attitude. Being able to triage priorities, delegate tasks if needed, and handle conflict in a reasonable fashion.
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
- A calm manner and patience working with either patients or insurers during this process.
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
- Ability to multitask.
The successful individual can expect to earn between £22,000 and £24,000 dependent upon relevant experience alongside a benefits package.
Our client is seeking an experienced administrator from the medical industry to join their team in Banbury as a Medical Billings Clerk.