To support the expanding PM PROjEN operations, we wish to appoint a full time Mechanical Engineer based at our Daresbury Business Park location, reporting into the Head of Mechanical & Piping.
The majority of our specialist sector projects are within PM PROjENâ€™s core market sectors which include; Advanced Manufacturing & Technology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Energy & Environmental and Gas. These sectors are enhanced by PM Groupâ€™s experience and service offering in the Pharmaceutical, Food, Mission Critical, and Medical Technologies sectors.:
A client-facing role that requires the preparation and submission of project technical documentation for the mechanical design, configuration, procurement, installation and commissioning of process equipment, production machines and standard ancillary components within facilities that adhere to strict guidelines around health, safety and environment.
Involvement in all phases of projects, from the development of conceptual design studies from clientâ€™s briefs through to the production of philosophies, specifications and other deliverables for procurement and construction stage projects:
- Prepare Technical Specifications for capital process equipment
- Arrange Material Requisitions
- Produce Scopes of Work for sub-contractor project design and construction activities
- Generate calculations to support design concepts
- Drafting of technical sketches and drawings
- Devise Procurement Tender Packages
- Conduct Review & Bid Analysis of supplier technical documentation and tender returns
- Compilation of and input into project capital cost estimates
- Undertake Design Reviews and formal Presentations
- Support & Attend Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
- Provide technical support to onsite construction teams
- Liaise with Clients, Contractors, Suppliers, Group Offices and External Consultants
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards) with IMechE
- Demonstrated capability in Mechanical engineering and design
- Experience across a range of PM PROjENâ€™s industry Sectors
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams
- Professional approach and demeanour.
- A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.
- Proficient in software packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), CAD suites such as AutoCAD, 3D Model viewing software such as Navisworks and preferably experience of Document Control platforms
- Must be flexible to travel
- Must have a concept of cost verses value to ensure our clients receive a fit for purpose design solution. This may involve new and novel design solutions
- Must be able to work to programme and to budget