Job Description Summary
The last year has been an exciting journey for IDS (integrated Diagnostic Solutions) UK and Ireland and we have evolved and grown to meet the challenges presented by both the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic and the ongoing market changes in pathology and diagnostics. With the goal of bolstering our customer response in term of integrated solutions and to further strengthen our marketing organization to meet the demands posed by COVID-we have created the new role of Solutions Manager IDS UKI.
The IDS Solutions Marketing Manager – is a vital member of the marketing function within IDS and acts as a link to the Marketing Manager and three product managers in the IDS UK & Ireland team. Building and implementing the solutions plan to achieve growth targets set by the business will be key whilst aligning to the overall execution of the marketing plan.
The essential function of this marketing role is to drive the strategy and promotion for solution offerings of the BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions Business unit. This would include specific value offers as well as marketing of services. This role will be critical in helping the region drive growth and differentiation to achieve the desired financial performance through comprehensive market development, solution offer management and execution of key marketing programs.
- Drive end to end positioning in a modular and consistent way, addressing full Dx pathway and key patient pathways
- Strengthen value props through value based messaging – HEOR. Drive plans to fill data gaps.
- Establish relevant KPI, and track/perform against
- Build a culture of data driven marketing within IDS (both sales and marketing), This will enables BD IDS to understand our customers install base and the pathology environment in the UK, this data will help feed the development of robust strategic driver roadmaps, focusing our resources on informed choices. It will also allow IDS UK to link IDS Revenue synergies (SM/DS), short list of growth opportunities & areas to pursue over the ASR period.
- BD Professional services
- consistent positioning and impactful promotion
- post-Covid re-iteration, focus on helping customers deal with new normal
- impact metrics
- Identify unmet needs
- Evaluate monetization options
- Identify key gaps and opportunities – build pipeline in close collaboration with CWS
- Ensure impactful roll out of service packages in close collaboration with ComEx
- Ensure tools to capture attention, demonstrate value and drive differentiation, both for IDS associates as well as BDx KAMs and marketing.
- Internal training on solutions content and solution selling
- Develop and maintain expert market knowledge in terms of quantitative data (e.g. market data, market trends, competitor offering) and qualitative data (e.g. customer needs, competitor activities, plans, technologies and applications); recommending suitable actions to maximise opportunities and minimise potential threats
- Provides input to the region strategic plan and marketing plan development. Ensure plan that supports completion of and is aligned with Commercial Excellence 2025 goals.
- Develop and support market research activities (Voice of Customer)
- Evaluate and develop Key Opinion Leader (KOL) plan
- Conduct regular customer visits to develop awareness of the key market requirements / customer unmet needs
- Travel to support UKI on a frequent basis – approximately 40% of time travelling in the region
To be successful in this role you will be a product manager with experience in the diagnostics field, and will have the following qualifications:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Significant experience within the medical devices, laboratory, clinical practice and or broader healthcare environment would be advantageous.
- Diagnostic devices/ instrumentation marketing experience preferred
- Strong, proven marketing experience in increasingly responsible positions in marketing / or strong experience in a laboratory (ideally NHS) and looking to make a move into marketing
- Good strategic marketing skills, including demonstrated success in launching key programs
- PC Literate intermediate level in Excel/word/PowerPoint etc.
You much be willing to travel to support region on a frequent basis – approximately 30-40% of time travelling.
Does this sound like your next role? If so then click on the APPLY button now!
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Register on our careers page so you never miss an opportunity.http://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work Location
GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road