Marketing Analytics & Effectiveness Specialist
the7stars are the UK’s largest independent media agency, Campaign’s Best Place to Work and Media Week’s Agency of the Year. We deliver media planning, activation and strategic marketing services to clients such as Entain, Warner Music, Nintendo, Vision Express, Iceland and TSB.
We are unlike any other agency.
That distinction started back in 2005 when we named ourselves after a pub and promised to do things differently. This commitment has stuck with us over 16 years and continues to guide how we work, how we think and how we treat one another. Our philosophy can be expressed in a single word. Freedom.
Our Freedom philosophy lives across our entire business from people, product and planning. It means we plan & buy media how we want, develop careers how we want, take holiday when we need it, develop tools when we need them, give people a platform to speak up, question and express themselves freely - but more importantly it has allowed us to create an amazing place to work.
In 2021 we have achieved our 9th year in a row as a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for and have been awarded Campaign’s number one media agency to work for accolade for the second year running. If thinking freely and with integrity is your bag, then the7stars is an agency you should meet.
As a Marketing Analytics & Effectiveness specialist, you will be a key member of the7stars team. You will engage with clients as both a practitioner (attribution, econometrics, marketing experiments, customer level analysis) and a strategic advisor (brand strategy, investment planning, test and learn, go to market strategies and more). Your role will represent a carte blanche to support key clients in driving marketing driven profit growth through design, co-ordination and delivery of multiple initiatives.
You will be guaranteed variety, autonomy and senior client exposure. And will work across a broad range of clients, categories, audiences, project briefs and methods from day one.
The Insight & Analytics unit you will be apart of are an award winning multi discipline team of 16. In recent years we have won prestigious awards including WARC Effectiveness (Ancestry), Campaign/Media Week (Gousto) and IPA Effectiveness (Wagamama, Suzuki). We support clients by providing a range of measurement and forecasting solutions to understand and predict every aspect of customer behaviour. We engage with clients as long term strategic advisers, building a partnership for evidence based growth through marketing.
We are looking for the following attributes & experience in the successful candidate.
- Relentless intellectual curiosity.
- Expert knowledge of Econometrics, Forecasting, Investment Planning & Optimisation, Media Experiments/Test, Customer Level Analysis. (Highly likely to have been hands on in a past or present role)
- Comfortable in the minute detail of large data sets but equally mindful of the big picture.
- Results oriented with an unerring focus on adding commercial value for our clients through better use of data and analytics.
- Has a coach’s mindset - is passionate about guiding, developing and managing analysts in the team. As well as equipping clients and the7stars planning teams to make more evidence based investment decisions autonomously.
- An awareness of current hot topics in the industry, with a perspective too.
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a marketing effectiveness or marketing analytics role. Either client side, in specialist consultancy or with a media agency.
- Experience building, communicating and leveraging commercial econometric models to drive incremental growth.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in a universally accessible manner and build rapport with non technical clients. • Excellent data visualisation skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to teach and be taught - absorb new knowledge quickly as well as educating and empowering your agency colleagues.
- Solutions first mindset with the ability to proactively identify client needs and the solutions that meet and exceed them.
The successful candidate will have some of:
- A strong understanding of the marketing planning process and has helped develop annual investment plans for large advertisers
- Significant client facing experience, comfortable presenting to C-Suite audiences and dealing with challenging questions.
- Experience developing new technical products for agencies or advertisers (this does not need to have been hands on).
- Experience managing multiple cross discipline projects and prioritising competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with scripting languages (R, Python, SQL most relevant). Highly skilled at extracting, managing and manipulating big data sets. Experience in data mining/scraping.
- Experience implementing or working with Agile principles
- Competitive salary dependent on expected impact in role
- Free breakfast
- Company bar
- Flexible working
- Uncounted holiday (Birthdays or the day after are now compulsory!)
- New Business Bonus eligible in your first year as a 7stars employee
- Personal finance advice • Life Assurance • Critical Illness cover
- Income protection
- Summer profit share bonus and Christmas bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Choice of 5 gyms
- Season ticket Loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Extensive Maternity, Paternity, fostering and adoption leave package, including a bonus for mums when they announce they are expecting and a Gousto box for when the baby first arrives home
- Royal London pension (Including a Green Pension option)
- Employee assistance programme