You will be leading a team of Manufacturing Technicians on our small but busy manufacturing night shift using state of the art CNC machines and equipment to produce critical high precision components. These components are then assembled by our global build plants into a wide range of Mass spectrometry instruments.
You will be required to work on a permanent night shift as follows: Mon - Thur 21.00hrs to 06.45hrs
- To plan and implement labour requirements in line with production requirements as provided by Materials & Planning department
- Manage set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the Company’s products
- To liaise with Engineering, Quality, Materials & Planning and other Supervisors to ensure timely manufacture to due dates
- To ensure effective use of work in progress tracking, capacity management and schedule adherence tools as necessary
- To plan and schedule work load in accordance with delivery requirements
- To stay abreast of developments in manufacturing methods and attend training courses as appropriate
Manage the Production team members through:
- Day to day supervision of the manufacturing cells/areas and team members
- Providing Leadership and guidance to all employees within the department focusing efforts to achieve on time in full delivery whilst meeting quality standards
- Assisting in the recruitment, induction and performance management of employees or prospective employees
- Conduct annual appraisals of team members, reviewing prior year objectives and identifying areas of future focus
- Identify the training needs of team members and other nominated persons as required, provide or arrange training as appropriate and maintain training records and skills matrices as required
- Ensure improvements are made in accordance the requirements of the Quality system ISO 9001:2015
- To lead and actively pursue systematic continuous improvement activity within the area/team, monitoring via established KPI’s as required. This to include but not limited to Schedule Adherence, Cost of quality and productivity
- To ensure accurate booking by team members within SAP
- Ensure team members maintain documentation and records in accordance with the company’s defined procedures
- Maintain the effectiveness of the Quality system at the sites via adherence to applicable policies and procedures
- Complete Quality System related actions in a timely manner according to procedures e.g. CAPA, NCR
- Adhere to Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures. Implement and maintain safe working practices specifically within the area of responsibility but also feeding into the wider safety agenda as necessary.
- To ensure the compliance of good housekeeping methods and conduct 5s and EH&S audits, implementing corrective actions as appropriate
- Apprentice trained, HND, HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent proven experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of proven supervisory experience within a similar machine shop environment manufacturing high tolerance components
- Good written and oral communication skills are required for reporting and effective communication with staff, peer groups, etc across the organisation.
- Must be able to work independently and communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Computer literate - knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel an advantage - in order to produce reports, analyse data etc effectively.
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to Engineering drawings
Wide practical knowledge of manufacturing industry:
- Experience in programming, setting and operating appropriate CNC machines and to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced team members
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing production facility would be advantageous
- Highly numerate team player with the ability to work to high standards and exacting targets
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to engineering drawings with a knowledge of GD&T
- Operation of optical and tactile CMM equipment advantageous
- Capable of multi-tasking and with high levels of attention to detail for both manufacture and documentation
Travel (If Applicable):
- Some UK, European and Worldwide travel may be required
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Our Solihull office is home to a small, experienced precision-engineering team. We care about making quality products to achieve highest customer satisfaction. We give our staff time and resources to learn new skills and techniques. We value team communication and collaboration.
Waters is a global company providing good employee benefits, including a company pension scheme and a healthcare package. Despite being part of such a large company, the Solihull office operates as a small but fast growing team. We can offer you a flexible approach to work and a family oriented culture.