Carlson Wagonlit Travel
CWT is one of the world's leading digital travel management companies and as a Business-to-Business-for-Employees (B2B4E) travel management platform, companies and governments rely on us to keep their people connected – anywhere, anytime, anyhow – and across six continents, we provide their employees with innovative technology and an efficient, safe and secure travel experience.
The Legal & Compliance team provide support and guidance to all areas of our business, with particular focus on commercial contracts. They act as Legal partners to all CWT business units around the globe, working to ensure compliance with internal, local and international regulations everywhere we operate. With a focus on maintaining the highest ethical standards across the company, our Legal & Compliance team ensure the legal protection and safeguarding of CWT’s assets and reputation globally.
The Legal Counsel will provide day to day support for UK & Ireland business primarily as well as legal support for global and local Customer and Traveler Experience Organisation business, with particular focus on travel.
- Assist, review, provide analysis, draft and negotiate agreements (including NDAs, service agreements, amendments, extension agreements, legal notices), with a particular focus on CWT client contracts for business travel services and meetings and events services.
- Support CWT’s Customer organization including Sales and Customer Management in reviewing and advising on legal issues and documents in connection with prospective client bids (requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Support Meetings & Events (M&E) business, including M&E clients and suppliers contracting.
- Assist with the creation, roll-out and maintenance of template agreements and help to disseminate know-how relating to procedures and contracting processes within the Customer and Traveler Experience business teams, including via CWT’s electronic contracting platform.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials to CWT’s Sales and Customer Management teams on processes, templates and legal topics, in compliance with Global Legal and Compliance processes and templates.
- Maintain, contribute to, and update the online contract database, template library and intranet resources for lawyers and internal business contacts.
- Participate in projects and initiatives within the Customer & Traveler Experience Legal Team, and wider Legal & Compliance Team, as required.
- Support UK&I team when legal support is required, including Human Resources, mainly for litigation,
- Manage relationships with external lawyers in UK&I
- Watch and report about any new or change in regulation which could impact CWT business in UK&I.
- Support strong client and cross-team relationships by displaying appropriate professionalism and efficiency in communications and dealings with clients and colleagues.
- Cooperate strongly with other Legal and Compliance team members, share experience and knowledge.
- Proactively meet and manage deadlines, communicating case progress/status/escalation issues to manager and the business team, as appropriate.
- Operate autonomously within the framework set by CWT Global Legal and Compliance team.
Experience & education:
- 2-3 years post qualification experience in UK or Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Experience working in a global company preferred.
- In-house experience preferred
- University degree and post graduate qualification in law required.
- English fluent
- Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs)
- Confident, clear and open communicator.
- Ability to prepare and present training sessions confidently.
- Ability to work and communicate sensitively in a cross-functional and multicultural environment.
- Expert user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with contract management systems processes and electronic contracting platforms.
- Team player, willing to work flexibly and creatively with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Customer focused: Comfortable engaging with internal and external clients and other stakeholders on contractual matters.
- Strong verbal, written communication and listening skills
- Strong general legal skills, such as document drafting, advice preparation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong organizational skills, with proven ability to manage files efficiently, as well as prioritize multiple tasks/projects under time pressure to meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Discretion with confidential information.
- Self-starter who is able to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.