Legal Counsel - EMEA
30+ days ago
State/Province: Greater London, London
Country: United Kingdom
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Legal
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Description & Requirements
About Xerox Holdings Corporation
For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Job Purpose :
You will be a member of the EMEA Office of General Counsel (OGC) team. EMEA OGC provides advice and support to a wide range of commercial and operational departments within Xerox who in turn need to deliver on the business objectives regarding the sale, leasing and support of electronic products, including the management of distribution, software, services and marketing matters connected to this; advice on financial services and fintech matters; compliance on ethics and regulatory matters, confidentiality and data management; the application and adherence to internal and external procurement rules and requirements throughout EMEA. These areas may change as Xerox seeks to transform its business, invest in innovation and grow its presence in new forms of print production, software, cloud, the internet of things and AI based services.
This is a varied role at the intersection of commerce, technology and financial services and offers an exciting opportunity to be an early part of transforming and building Xerox Financial Services (“XFS”) across multiple jurisdictions. It will play a key part in helping XFS expand its existing multi-national payment solutions business, as it moves into financing/leasing third party equipment, technology, services and software.
Primary Responsibilities :
• Developing, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts predominantly in the financial services space, but also in supporting areas such as direct or indirect sales whether in private or public sector and procurement and fintech technology/systems contracts;
• Providing general legal advice on new regulated and non-regulated business, programs, product lines for financial services and supporting business. Advising specifically on regulatory compliance matters in respect of financial services/leasing and supporting business areas;
• Supporting third party sales relationships and key multi-country engagements;
• Supporting pan European corporate restructuring and M&A projects, working closely with other functions and in-country internal and external counsel;
• Providing end to end legal support on business expansion projects, including helping to set up new contracting strategies, contract templates, systems, processes and policies as required;
• Managing disputes and contentious matters.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Law or non-law degree.
• UK qualified lawyer withcurrent practising certificate.
• Good English. Other languages a benefit but not required.
• Not less than 2-4 years (no maximum) relevant commercial and financial services experience either in-house or in a law firm environment.
Skills and Capabilities
• Experience in providing legal advice on commercial and financial services contracts;
• A commercial and solution-based approach to legal advice and ability to manage competing priorities and stakeholder relationships across all levels of the organization;
• Ability to establish and maintain solid, trusting working relationships internally and externally through a collaborative working style and demonstrate a track record of building consensus and achieving innovation and results;
• Resilient and able to work under pressure and deliver timely on multiple projects running in parallel;
• Keen eye for detail, alongside an ability to quickly analyse, simplify and boil down complex legal issues across multiple jurisdictions;
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and time management;
• Flexible, personable and willing to embrace change in a dynamic corporation;
• Excellent written/oral communication, presentation and drafting skills;
• Proficiency in using computers and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ability to work within a local team, a virtual European/worldwide team, and to use initiative to work autonomously;
• Experience in providing legal support on financial services in European jurisdictions outside of the UK would be a plus.
• Level of independent judgment required when making decisions/solving issues.
• Assistance and guidance will always be available, but the successful candidate should be able to work autonomously and use initiative.
• The role will be split between home and office.
_Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more atwww.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking._