- Drafting, amending and issuing legally compliant employment and commercial contracts
- Providing technical legal advice to various departments within the business such as sales, HR and operations
- Managing various projects across various areas of law to further develop and strengthen the legal and compliance aspects of the business such as data protection, knowledge bank development, drafting policies and procedures
- Excellent working knowledge of European labour law
- Excellent understanding of employment status and IR35 legislation
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in developing technical knowledge and keep up to date with legal developments
- Good commercial understanding
- A good understanding of the issues surrounding employment status and the relevant legal and tax implications which arise as a consequence, would be desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to build strong strategic partnerships and client focused
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Confident handling of MS Office applications
- Desire to develop knowledge of other jurisdictions other than the UK
My client offers continuous opportunities for personal and professional development. They offer an exciting role in a growing international company focused on development, quality and expertise, a supportive working environment, exposure to interesting and challenging international work. A permanent position with 25 days leave plus public holidays.
The Legal and Compliance Assistant reports to the Chief Legal Officer EMEA and will work within a cross company legal and compliance team, where the primary external business focus is towards contractors, agencies and clients. Responsible for the day-to-day management of employment and commercial contracts, the Legal and Compliance Assistant will ensure that these are compliant with local employment law and will provide technical legal support.
Source: Page Personnel United Kingdom