- Organization: Vonage Communication Platform (VCP) Product Operations
- Location: London, UK or Remote (Europe preferred)
- Travel Requirements: Light travel
VCP Product Management Mission: We bridge technology and business needs to deliver exciting, innovative new products and services to the market. We imagine the future and orchestrate cross-functional efforts to bring it to life. We apply business understanding, customer knowledge and competitive awareness to collaborate with and lead efforts to envision, design, develop and execute state-of-the-art products and features. We challenge the status quo and strive to redefine the very nature of communications and what our customers think is possible
Why this role matters
Vonage is looking for a passionate Lean Portfolio Manager to help us work more effectively. You will be responsible for leading, implementing and coaching Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes across all major product lines - Communication APIs, Unified Communications, Contact Centers - ensuring that Vonage resources are coordinated in the most effective manner and we are delivering fast & best in class solutions to our customers. You will be working across different engineering and non-engineering teams involved in delivering a product for our customers, including developers, product managers, support, marketing, sales, developer relations and other relevant teams. You will be working with senior leaders across different teams to get alignment and facilitate prioritisation & investment decisions.
You will be part of the Product Operations team whose purpose it is to help improve the health and effectiveness of the organisation making our Product Lifecycle Management(PLM) process more effective and efficient by the adoption of agile/lean principles and practices. As a team, we work closely together, help each other and learn from each other.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Evaluate and implement a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process across all cross functional Vonage teams and iterate with stakeholders to improve the process over time
- Drive effective cross-company education and communications on PLM process
- Coach, mentor and educate the team on agile, lean software development and best in class PLM processes. Showcase a broad knowledge of agile methods, techniques and a solid foundation in agile and lean principles.
- Lead Enterprise Agile transformational initiatives and tools across Vonage.
- Lead Vonage Communication Platform (VCP) product & engineering roadmap planning exercises and facilitate decision making and prioritisation.
- Facilitate portfolio planning discussions with senior leaders across Vonage.
- Facilitate Leadership investment, prioritisation and strategic forums to get alignment and decisions so that we can deliver fast to our customers. Influencing senior leaders without authority to get alignment on key initiatives.
- Facilitate product & portfolio reviews with Leadership.
- Work closely with Product Leads and other stakeholders to come up with detailed business cases to facilitate quick decision making in leadership reviews.
- Help the product & engineering teams operate as effectively as possible, including collaborations, processes and tools we use and the way we communicate with our stakeholders
- Identify, adapt and implement good and best practices with collaboration and experimentation and coaching
- Use a data driven approach to identify areas of improvement in our product delivery process and drive change.
- Maintain and Improve existing Definition of Done framework (part of PLM). Create & facilitate appropriate forums for planning & managing Definition of Done. Run initiatives to improve adoption of Definition of Done across Vonage.
What you will bring
- Strong experience in defining and managing Enterprise Product Lifecycle or Portfolio Management processes for a technology business in a lean & agile organization - across product, engineering, sales, marketing and support services
- A passion for agile and lean software development. Showcase a broad knowledge of agile methods, techniques and a solid foundation in agile and lean principles.
- Hand on experience of leading Enterprise Agile transformations and expert level knowledge of supporting tools (Jira, Rally, Align etc.)
- Strong experience in program management.
- Having hands on past experience as a Scrum Master or Release Train Engineer is an added advantage and now working in a more broader role like a portfolio manager.
- Experience in influencing senior leaders without authority as you will be driving discussion with a lot of senior leaders in the organization to get alignment on key initiatives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product development lifecycle and the roles of product managers, development managers and business stakeholders
- Experience in identifying and implementing continuous improvement efforts and coach team on agile principles and best PLM practices
- Highly productive individual contributor - this role requires a “hands-on approach” in developing, delivering and supporting product delivery processes.
- Good knowledge or experience in Agile methodologies and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong facilitation and change management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What is required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in product life cycle management, program management, or portfolio management in a high technology setting
- A passion for agile and lean portfolio management. Showcase a broad knowledge of agile methods, techniques and a solid foundation in agile and lean principles.
- Someone who has worked as Scrum Master or RTE in the past and now scaling up as an Agile Portfolio Manager.
- Added advantage if you have any SAFe or Agile certification.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Train Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Industry conferences
- Free snacks and food
- Beer O’clock Fridays
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meetups, i.e. yearly Hackathons, etc
Potential Next Career Move: Expert/Principal Lean Portfolio Manager