Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
Directs within a multi-skilled agile team to deliver working application software that meets user needs and is of sufficient quality for promotion to users by:
- Taking responsibility for the design and development of the test framework for a team.
- Has substantial contribution to or owns the test strategy for a team.
- Being an authority figure for automated and manual software testing.
- Taking responsibility for test coverage within the team.
- Works to design and implement functional and API tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour. These can be automated or manual tests.
- Works to design and implement non-functional tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour. These can be automated or manual tests.
- Works to maintain tests and ensure regression testing is performed to avoid regression issues.
- Creates, triages and re-tests defects. Works to reduce future defects by providing analysis of the causes of defects.
- Works with developers to ensure unit and integration testing has adequate coverage.
- Demonstrates and advises customers on the acceptance of features.
- Reports on the status and success of testing.
- Coaching and mentoring test staff.
The following are required skills for Lead Test Engineers:
- Able to create and maintain tests within fast-moving Agile delivery.
- Able to communicate clearly about design of tests and the effort to implement the tests.
- Has been viewed and consulted as an authority figure for software testing.
- Has experience of popular test tools including such as JIRA, Mingle.
- Has experience configuring Continuous Integration tools for testing such as Jenkins, TeamCity.
- Have advised Test Managers and Architects on technologies and testing practices.
- Able to advise customers of the test impact of user stories.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Has mentored other testers.
- Has an open attitude to sharing information.
- Able to prioritise their own time and activities.
The following are desirable skills:
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
- Has experience performance testing.
- Has experience accessibility testing.
- Has experience with browser testing execution services such as SauceLabs, BrowserStack.
- Has experience with test automation for mobile apps.
- Has participated in testing communities.
- Has contributed to open source projects.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.