The Tax and Legal Technology Team
We are a team of 100+ technologists providing technology enablement services and solutions across the Tax and Legal business. This business has 250+ tax & legal professionals covering multiple disciplines.
The team is made up of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Multi-disciplinary Engineering teams and IT Service delivery professionals working on a large portfolio of systems used to improve productivity and solve key business problems across Tax & Legal.
We also build cutting edge web portals for clients to interact with KPMG, maximising collaboration and ensuring seamless delivery of information to our clients.
You will be leading a small team of developers and a test analyst across a variety of projects for both our clients and our internal professional. You will be responsible both for the architecture and delivery of solutions. You will work alongside a Product Owner to help prioritise deliverables allowing you to focus on creating world-class solutions.
The role is Full-time based in Glasgow with some travel required to London and other locations around the UK. Remote or part-time workers are welcome to apply.
Whilst there is no expectation of existing knowledge of tax, we would expect you to develop a degree of domain knowledge over time.
You will have …
- Hands on experience designing, specifying and developing software
- Having experience leading and mentoring others
- Have heavily used modern object-oriented languages such has C# or Java
- Know how to build REST APIs and have experience of messaging
- Have worked with defining data models and interacting with database
- Have built software that includes user facing web applications
- Have a passion to work in an Agile Team working collaboratively with others and adopt best practices
- Used source control and continuous integration tools as part of a teamYou may have …
- Experience building applications for the cloud such as Azure, AWS or Google
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other serverless application delivery platforms
- Used GIT, Jenkins, GitHub or Azure DevOps
- Worked with React, Angular, Blazor, ASP MVC or other modern web UI frameworks
- Used Entity Framework or other popular ORM tools
- Used NoSQL databases such as cosmos DB, Mongo or Cassandra,
- Experience with messaging such as Service Bus, MQ or Kafka
- Experience with Data Analytics and Business IntelligenceIn this role you will …
- Provide mentoring to other developers within your team and across the wider team
- Work collaboratively in a LEAN Agile team using a Scaled SCRUM framework
- Develop Web Applications that use back end C#/ASP.NET Core
- Using front end Typescript/React, ASP.NET MVC or C#/Blazor
- Build cloud first applications on a continuous delivery platform with 100% infrastructure as code
- Package applications in containers and deploy on Azure Kubernetes Service
- Use entity framework code first data with Azure SQL or a NoSQL Databases
- Build resilient Microservice and Micro-front ends integrated via a Cloud message bus
- Comply with secure coding & infrastructure standards and policies
- Assist with supporting your application using modern DevOps tools
- Continuously improve your technical knowledge and share what you learn with others
- Seek to build components that can be reusable by other teams The best of both worlds
We might be world leaders, but in many ways the department feels like a start-up, with a twist. There’s the buzz of scrum working, the thrill of shaping compelling experiences, the chance to surprise and stretch yourself in response to a fresh challenge. And then there’s all the resources, technology and high-profile projects of a major corporate entity. Crucially, we also offer the benefit of clear career progression.