Lead Software Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Software Developer to join our client’s team. Applicants can be home based but you will need to live close to Nottingham to attend the office twice a week as well as for occasional team meetings.
• Confident, hands-on full stack developer
• ASP.Net Core
• Fluent in .NET coding languages
• Passion for following and disseminating best practice
• Ability to lead, mentor and motivate a technical team
We estimate that the role will be a 80/20 split between hands-on development and mentoring the team, including code reviews etc.
Who you are
These are the characteristics we anticipate will define a successful Lead Software Developer:
• Passionate about developing industry-leading solutions
• Experienced in leading developers to deliver high quality code at a pace
• Contributes ideas and can clearly articulate and sell them
• Recognises the importance of knowledge sharing – bouncing ideas around with the team for the best result
• Builds consistency across the code base
• Can manage own time and delegate efficiently
• Working with the Head of Software Delivery to manage project resource effectively
What we need from you
You will work within an agile sprint structure, mentoring developers and working with the Lead Database Analyst to accelerate the development flow in a reliable manner. You will help ensure the testability, maintainability and consistency of the code follows best practices. You will assist with the professional development, guidance, and learning requirements of other members of the development team.
Our hiring process
We want to make sure the role is right for you as much as you are the right person for the role. Our client’s thorough, efficient recruitment process will likely entail the following:
• A short 10 minute video interview
• A 1 hr technical test which can be administered remotely
• A meeting with the Head of Software Delivery, IT Director and a member of the HR team in the Nottingham office
The right individual for the role will use the interview process not just to demonstrate that they have the right skills, but to ask the right questions in order to understand company culture and what they might bring to it.
Our client is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, and supporting the wellbeing of all their people. They offer a wealth of health and wellbeing benefits and resources including healthcare, attractive flexible working options, sports and social groups, virtual yoga and mindfulness sessions, a virtual wellbeing hub, mental health first aiders, and a busy social calendar.
Benefits enjoyed by staff within the firm include competitive salary, matched Pension contributions, Life Insurance, 24 days annual leave increasing to 29 days with length of service, birthday leave, staff bonus scheme, healthcare for the individual and family members, full flexible and remote working opportunities, travel loan scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
To £50,000 plus excellent company benefits. Interested? Send your cv now!