Junior Research Engineer
Who is PPC Protect...
Founded in 2016, PPC Protect is working to disrupt the ad fraud and ad verification space as one of the UK’s most exciting technology startups. Our platform offers advertisers the first real-time protection against fraudulent advertising activity, offering the first truly effective solution to the industry’s $50bn per year problem. We recently completed our oversubscribed seed funding round, and are supported & backed by the same VCs and accelerators as hyper growth companies like Just-Eat, Revolut, Starling Bank, OnBuy, Skyscanner & more.
- Hybrid Working: We need someone who can come to our office in Chorley, 2-3 days a week.
- Fully flexible hours: Fit your work around your life, not the other way round!
- £1,500 home office budget: Stop using stacked cardboard boxes or the kitchen table as a desk. We'll pay to furnish your office space for you.
- 32 days holiday: You'll work hard at PPC Protect, but you'll be rewarded with plenty of time to recharge.
- £1,000/year for personal development: Training courses, professional certifications, new language skills... If anything will progress your development, we'll pay for it.
- £500/year wellbeing allowance: Meditation services, mental health support, days away to relax & unwind, we'll cover it up to £500/year
- Climate Positive Workforce: Through our own Reforestation program and partnership with Ecologi, we ensure that we offset the CO2 emissions of every employee who works for PPC Protect, every month
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Junior Research Analyst / Engineer to join our newly established Research Team and help us be true innovators in our space. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership - reporting directly to our Head of Research.
What you’ll be doing...
Here’s a list of some of the jobs you’ll be expected to fulfil, although as a start-up it’s likely you’ll get exciting opportunities not listed here.
- Research new ways of bringing our Technology forward - looking at upcoming features and products we can utilise to bring a first class service to our clients
- Conduct research to help improve the efficiency and productivity of all departments
- Implement big data analytics of behaviour throughout the internet
- Helping define and implement Automation scripts for our platform-agnostic dashboard
- Research, define and provide solutions to anomalies in low value and fraudulent clicks
- Work heavily with Machine Learning and Big Data based technologies to help drive this innovation.
The Skills/Experience we're after...:
- Proven Research and Analysis skills, ideally within an Academic background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent quantitative discipline ideal but not necessary
- Good understanding of Machine Learning and Big Data Technologies
- Communicates in clear and concise manner both written and verbal
- Must be detail oriented, but flexible/adaptable to change
No recruitment agencies or contractors at this time please. Any speculative CVs will be treated as gifts!
PPC Protect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.