Junior Art Director
Omnicom Health Group
Healthcare Consultancy Group is a global leader in medical communications, comprising of seven interconnected agencies with distinct personalities and complementary skills, and supported by the HCG Engagement Group, a 100+ strong team of creative, digital, and innovation experts focused on one thing: engaging healthcare professionals. Our culture generates a thought arena, driving future thinking, collaboration, and communication excellence. We are passionate about providing the reach and resolve required to deliver programs that move hearts and minds. The Engagement Groupâ€™s creative team is a collaborative team of experts, charged with ideating and executing compelling visual stories and experiences that give a voice to science and bring data to life.
About the Role:
This role specifically focuses on interface design such as apps, websites, UX and other digital projects. You will be a natural visual thinker who is ready and eager to learn from senior creatives in order to expand their skills and flourish as the next generation of creatives.
The job requires confidence to creative visual design, sometimes based on nothing more than ideas and words provided by clients or colleagues, and the ability to sell their work to peers and clients. A junior art director will also have the ability to participate in and help develop our design offerings. The role is very hands-on and is often busy; time and self-management skills are essential.
Willingness to learn and grow as a creative professional in an agency setting are expected to work hard and show initiative in their creative work. They must show a willingness and active drive to be promoted to an Art Director through not just creative output, but an active understanding of the medical communications business. A portfolio showcasing school projects, or previous work, will give candidates an edge.
You must be motivated with a flexible and can-do attitude, combined with excellent communication skills. You should show an ability to overcome challenging requirements and demonstrate creativity and innovation in finding ways to execute never-been-done-before ideas. We expect you to keep abreast of the latest creative and digital trends.
Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in interactive graphic design.
- A strong portfolio showing skills in design, specifically in digital design. But keep in mind that quality beats quantity; only show us your best pieces
- Work must demonstrate good understanding of composition and typography skills
- Work showing conceptual thinking is plus
- Familiarity and comfort with Mac platform
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) as well as ability to work in PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe XD and/or Sketch
- Assist senior creative staff in executing conceptual ideas into production-ready digital pieces
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Art, or equivalent
- Ability to take direction, and a willingness to learn new things
- Positive thinker and collaborative team member with an ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow as a creative professional in an agency setting
- Able to work to high standards.
- Be part of a team that loves to engage with each other and with our agency-wide partners.
- We expect you to be open to direction and to learn from your manager, senior creatives, and from your peers. We want you to learn to love medical communications as much as we do, and a keen interest in science and medicine will go a long way.
- Be well organized, with an ability to work efficiently with other people.
With current social distancing restrictions, the candidate must be able to work independently from their home, and maintain consistent contact with their manager, fellow EG members, and their account and scientific team using virtual communication platforms such as Zoom and Teams.
The companies within HCG are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.