JUNIOR ART DIRECTOR
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and itâ€™s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and itâ€™s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. Weâ€™re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. Thatâ€™s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. Itâ€™s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
Riding high on our recent pitch wins, we are excited to be in a position to bring on a junior art director to bolster our creative department further.
You will work across our roster of clients, new business pitches and internal initiatives.
If you are looking for meaty projects to get your teeth into, that will ask you to flex your creative muscles and to partner with a passionate brands and teams then this role will give you this and more.
Finally, we guarantee that you will leave changed. Because we help our people achieve their goals.
So come here to experience. To experiment. To make mistakes. To challenge your own limits.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
Passionate, driven and full of ideas you are a junior art director with some experience that has already ignited the fire in your belly! You are still perfecting your craft but have a mind that is open to learning new skills and honing those skills as you evolve into a talented and wildly passionate art director.
You will be paired with our current junior copywriter and supported by our mid-weight conceptual team and senior conceptual team.
You are inquisitive, keen to explore new ways of doing things, put your mind to the test and come up with new and innovative ways of communicating with consumers. A true collaborator who can understand and tap into the value of working with other teams across the agency, in particular the strategy, client service and design teams.
Digging deeper on the details
- Confident in interrogating briefs, able to question objectives and identify gaps in order to ensure the potential of an opportunity is both spotted and maximised
- Navigate briefing sessions in a way that sets up the creative process for success
- You will feel comfortable stretching a brief into a campaign beyond its initial parameters
- You will generate insight-driven, behaviour-changing, brand-building ideas that span traditional and new media channels
- Your concepts may span from platform ideas through to tactical ones (eg. social media and CRM)
- You will apply concepts to multi-channel touchpoints across customer journeys with the aim of creating memorable brand-building customer experiences
- You will demonstrate an appetite to seek new technology and data driven ideas
- Play an active role in brainstorming and idea generation, with colleagues, clients and co-creation collaborators
- You will understand the basics of digital, social, PR, partnerships, sponsorship and retail in order to concept campaigns within these disciplines whilst working alongside specialists at delivery stage
- A passion for presenting ideas whilst still crafting your presentation skills
- Able to sell and distil ideas clearly
- You contribute intelligently and constructively at client meetings, always seeking to listen and understand the clientâ€™s needs and motivations
New Business, Awards & PR
- Occasionally you will be required to assist creatively with new business pitches, awards entries and agency PR
- Models high performance behaviour, openly demonstrating a desire to be the best that you can be. Requests and gives feedback regularly
Team Collaboration (internal & external)
- As well as working as a creative team, you will work as a true partner with other departments across the business, such as Social Media, Creative Technologists, Designers and Developers
- You will have a broad understanding of how digital and creative work in tandem and be able to use these skills to further build internal relationships, allowing the best ideas to fulfil their potential
- The desire to better yourself through learnings from your colleagues
- Demonstrates an interest in agency-wide projects outside the creative department
- You will be comfortable working in any channel - equally adept at creating campaigns as long form films, promotions, competitions, social media, email and digital media, in store material for packaging, posters etc.
- Establish art direction, style and tone of communication and provide hands-on support and guidance to our design team to ensure fully integrated solutions
- Learn to plan and direct shoots and physical brand experiences
- Passion for creating moodboards, moodfilms, treatments and design styles for campaigns and branding
- Confident using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) as well as whizzing around Powerpoint and Googleslides for presentations
- Able to build a clear and compelling narrative throughout your presentation decks, in order to take clients on a journey that helps them understand the insights and potential
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Ideally you will have some experience working as part of a creative team (or independently) from an integrated agency environment
- Experience and understanding of how to deliver comms in the modern omni-channel world, both physical and digital
- Strong digital innovators, able to expand on traditional briefs and challenge the status quo
- â€˜Ideas firstâ€™ mentality
- A desire to push and be pushed to create outstanding work each and every time
- Think proactively about potential opportunities for our clients, constantly keeping your eye on our clientsâ€™ industries and coming up with proactive ideas that could benefit their business and customers, not waiting for them to brief us
- A driven approach and an inquisitive mind, you are always seeking out new ways to approach your role and broaden your knowledge
THOSE EXTRA PERKS!
- â€˜Your Hoursâ€™ â€“ flexible working for all around a core hours structure
- 22 daysâ€™ holiday standard (increases year on year with service)
- An additional three days for the Christmas period
- Your birthday off and £50 cash on us!
- 3% Company pension contribution
- Private Health Cover with AXA PPP
- Dental cover with Denplan
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus
- â€˜Bike to Workâ€™ scheme
- Life Assurance at four times your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Long Service Bonus at 5, 10, 15 years
We are The Marketing Store and we would love to meet you!