IT Project Manager
THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
IT Project Manager
Circa £37,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Fixed Term until June 2023
Hybrid Working / Stevenage (Typically 2 days per week at this location)
What if you could lead on acquiring and coordinating the resources required to deliver a variety of IT Department projects?
What if your role could be at the heart both our proven traditional infrastructure and services and the transitional journey towards our future on premise and cloud platforms?
What if you were our IT Project Manager?
At the IET, making our world a better place starts by creating a better place for our people. At IET and you’ll have more than just a job. Our work is exciting and challenging, connecting the people who solve the problems that matter. It means working with us has real meaning and impact, and you’ll grow – professionally and personally – in ways you never thought possible. We’re also making significant investments in our people, including providing a modern, vibrant workplace and embracing hybrid working.
What you’ll be doing
As the IT Project Manager, you’ll be joining a busy, highly motivated team and will begin working on a mix of infrastructure and development upgrade projects using Agile. You’ll lead on the planning, executing and finalising of projects according to set deadlines, budgets and overall objectives.
What we hope you can bring to the role
The ideal candidate will be an individual who can think on their feet, roll their sleeves up and get into detail, whilst working as part of a forward-looking team focused on the delivery of best-in-class solutions through timely and appropriate use of technology. You’ll have a track record of delivering IT infrastructure and application system focused projects (integration/upgrades) whilst using a mixture of waterfall and Agile methodologies.
We’d love to get to know you
Is Imposter syndrome creeping in? Don’t worry – we’d rather hear from you this time than not hear from you at all! Read on for a little more information about the role; but also, keep in mind that we’re open to discussing flexible ways of working, including reduced hours and working in an agile way, supported by a hybrid working framework that allows you to find the best place to do your best work.
A little more about the role
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manage project initiation activities
- Ensure requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards.
- Develop solutions and document exceptions as appropriate.
- Develop, define and execute project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Interaction with other IT colleagues for technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Identify needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinate activities and tasks among internal and external stakeholders to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards.
- Assign and monitor work of project team providing technical and analytical support, necessary governance and direction.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, are achieved. Assist with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, where appropriate for the project.
- Develop and delivers progress reports, change requests and presentations to ensure the efficient project progression.
- Deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business teams.
- Conduct project closure activities to formalise and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
A little more about what we’re looking for
- A proven track record of delivering IT infrastructure and application system focused projects (integration/upgrades) using a mixture of waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience of working with and understanding of cloud technology.
- Knowledge of IT development and operations.
- Experience managing challenging projects with a variety of internal/external stakeholders.
- Overall technical knowledge (system integration principles, data communication).
- Strong software project management experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications experience, with the ability to communicate across teams.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Good team player with the ability to manage own workload.
- PRINCE/APM or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of Atlassian Jira & Confluence
- Experience of working within a Charity or Information business
What if you could be you? The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To find out more, head over to our ‘Work for the IET’ site.
About the Company
THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
We want to make our world a better place. We support the engineering and technology communities to engineer a better world. We’re motivated by seeing the tangible results of what we do and how it changes our society in positive and inspiring ways. It’s what we’ve done for the last 150 years, and what we’ll carry on doing in the future.
At the IET, making our world a better place starts by creating a better place for our people. We want people who share our enthusiasm for the opportunities we provide and who are excited to make a real difference. Not just in engineering a better world for society, but a better working world for all of us too.
With us, no two days are the same. You’ll be playing your part in the incredible outcomes of our varied and one-of-a-kind projects. Whether it’s qualifications or publications, research or influencing, fundraising or marketing, events, education or support, there’s no doubt our work is far-reaching.
We also want you to enjoy coming to work so we create a welcoming environment that’s a good place to be. You’ll have freedom in your role and your ideas will be given space to flourish. We include everyone and treat each other with respect. All we ask is that you’ll do the same.
Work for the IET and you’ll have more than just a role. Our work is exciting and challenging, connecting the people who solve the problems that matter. It means working with us has real meaning and impact, and you’ll grow – professionally and personally – in ways you never thought possible.