IT Change Analyst
Rochdale, England, United Kingdom, ENG
Reporting to the Change and Release Manager, as a Change Analyst provides the essential discipline that ensures changes made to customer production environments are controlled to minimise disruption and unplanned outages.
It exists to enforce the management of change through defined descriptions, approvals by the correct parties, co-ordination with other organisations, and the tracking of progress through to completion.
Key Role Deliverables
- Have a good knowledge if IT Services, Systems and products
- Proficient Stakeholder management across multiple business and technical levels.
- Own the Change Request from submission to closure
- Analyse RFCs submitted to ensure sufficient information is provided so that risk can be accurately assessed by the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Responsible for ensuring the Forward Schedule of Change is kept up to date and distributed to all applicable stakeholders.
- Highlights any Change Management scheduling conflicts and deviations according to established practices, and obtains advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable.
- Chairs CABs inc sending out related agendas and minutes.
- Ensure that all reports delivering on customer SLAs and KPIs are accurate prior to distribution.
- Works closely with Release Management and SACM Practices, adhering to their associated approved methodologies and best practices.
- Ensure Post Implementation Reviews (PIRs) are carried out for any partially successful, rolled back or failed changes.
- Ensures that all related Change Management processes and related documentation are valid at all times.
Ideal Qualifications and Experience
- ITIL V3/V4 Foundation certificate
- ITIL practitioner in a Service Transition practice or equivalent experience
- Worked in a medium to large scale Enterprise or Public Sector Organisation
Key Working Relationships
Working with peers develop, foster, excellent working relationships with teams within:
Service Desk, Systems teams, Application Packaging, Central Deployment, Event Management, Hosting and IaaS teams, Networks and Telecoms, Senior management Teams, Service Delivery Managers, Information Security Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Change Management, Incident and Problem Management
Routinely engage and collaborate with Service Management professionals with demonstrable customer-facing skills and provide clear and effective reporting.
Analytical and Judgement Skills
- Knowledge of Change Management
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Understanding of infrastructure architecture and principles
- Understanding of the SDLC in multiple technologies
- Understanding of Configuration management
- Familiarity of ITIL Service Transition
- Analytical problem-solving skills
Planning and Organising
Must have relevant and practical experience of operating in a large scale and diverse environment, with an emphasis on following Release, Change and Configuration Management processes. Candidate must have good organisational skills and can independently prioritise workload.
Strategy/Policy/Service Development and Implementation
Assist and contribute to the development of effective, process and procedures, improving documentation, automating processes and reacting appropriately to service improvement initiatives within the Service Management teams, interfacing with other IT Functional teams in directly improving the customer experience.
Responsibilities for physical and financial resources
Assist the Head of Service Management as directed.
Ensure the quality of work and documentation is of a high professional standard that reflects well on the Organisation, business and teams.
Take part in the annual review process.
Ensure that business systems and other resources provided are utilised effectively, that centralised and shared records within remit are kept updated, and where feasible using the ITSM toolset provided.
Develop good working relations with peers and colleagues
Research, Development and Audit
Take part and support the annual audit cycle, or any other audit requirements.
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some great progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to further strengthen our culture of inclusion and diversify our workforce.