Investment Trust Accountant - based in either Dundee or Glasgow
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees.
- Preparation of monthly board papers (management accounts).
- Preparation of year end and half year financial accounts (including tax provisions). Liaison with auditors and other operational departments.
- Understanding of taxation computations and preparation of computations to a draft stage.
- Preparation of net asset values reported to Association of Investment Companies (AIC) and Stock Exchange including reconciliations required to validate information.
- Preparation of returns to HM Revenue & Customs and Office for National Statistics (e.g. quarterly VAT, National Statistics returns).
- Processing of receipts and payments and maintenance of accounting records.
- Understanding and knowledge of various statutory and regulatory requirements affecting Investment Trusts (Companies Act, Accounting Standards, Statement of Recommended Practice).
- Provision of ad hoc information to boards, fund managers and others as required.
- General administration and assistance to senior accountant and team leader.
- Understanding and compliance with the Companyrsquo;s Internal Control Framework relating to the ITA Department including documentation of control incidents and ensuring that preventative actions are carried out and communicated as appropriate.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with client Service Level Agreements and internal delivery deadlines.
- Assistance to departmental manager and head of department in certain administration functions.
- Company Secretarial
- Taxation Accounting
- Technical Accounting
- Position Keeping
- Income and Settlements
- Corporate Actions
- Compliance and Control
- HR and developmentKey external key stakeholders:
- Client company secretarial departments
- Client middle office administration
- External independent auditors
- Client custodian banks
- Other third parties as duly authorised by clients eg liquidators, legal representatives etc.