EIS Financial Services:
The Educational Institute of Scotland (Teachers Union) formed EIS Financial Services in 1990 giving EIS Union members and their families’ access to a dedicated team of professional advisers providing impartial advice on a wide range of financial and insurance products including Retirement Planning, Investment planning and Teacher’s Pension Advice.
Purpose of the Role:
The Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) will be responsible for providing accurate, professional and sound financial advice to both new and existing customers. The IFA will be expected to work with the management of the company on the annual marketing strategy in order to reach sales and service targets set down by the Managing Director on a quarterly and annual basis. Working as part of a small team of IFAs, a customer focused approach is required in order to perform this role in a compliant, professional and efficient manner.
This is a permanent full time position and the successful candidate base will be their home address and they will be expected to conduct client meetings both face to face and via videocall. There is currently a vacancy in the following area -West Central Scotland, the Highlands and Islands however other areas may be considered for a suitable candidate. Given the customer facing nature of this position, a high degree of travel is required within your assigned geographical area.
What this Job is expected to Do (Accountabilities)
- Become an expert in the Scottish teacher’s superannuation schemes. (Full training will be provided by the firm to the successful candidate)
- Work with schools and local authorities in the provision of retirement planning seminars, courses and presentations
- Prepare paperwork for client meetings based upon the firm’s template documentation including all relevant compliance documentation.
- Engage with and develop strong professional relationships with clients both in person and over the phone and develop a rapport so as to build an accurate understanding of their particular circumstances and financial objectives
- Assemble financial reports and conduct product research for investments and pensions in accordance with the guidelines of the investment committee and as required.
- Provide sound and professional financial advice to customers that is appropriate for their individual circumstances on financial and insurance products such as Pensions, Investments and Protection.
- Prepare suitability reports and recommendations for life, pension and investment options.
- Maintain client data in ‘Intelligent Office’ in a timely and accurate manner.
- Comply with the risk control and regulatory requirements that are relevant to this role.
- Maintain commercial awareness relevant to this role.
The level of Knowledge / Skills / Experience (Technical Competency) required for the role:
- Previous experience working as a Financial Advisor is essential
- Excellent industry and technical knowledge of life, pension and investment products is required
- Proven experience of building strong customer relationships both over the phone and in person
- Experience working towards and meeting financial targets is required.
- The ideal candidate will have completed a level 4 IFA qualification
- Experience using the “Intelligent Office” CRM system in financial services is desirable
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
The behavioural competencies that is essential for the job:
- Quality-focused with a Customer First approach
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Works well within a team – shares info, collaborates with, supports other team members
- As this is a field based role, a willingness to travel is essential