One of the UK's largest and foremost law firms is currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer within the General Counsel team at either their Birmingham, London or Sheffield office.
Offering an attractive salary plus excellent benefits including pension scheme, health insurance, critical illness cover, childcare vouchers, and discounted gym membership, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your experience and build your career within compliance as part of one of the most respected law firms in the UK.
This is a hands-on role as part of a General Counsel team tasked with providing compliance advice and resolution to the business and its senior employees, ensuring that it is able to meet its regulatory and legal obligations.
You'll demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in a range of core operational areas of the General Counsel, including Client Matter Inception (AML and conflicts), Client Care and Resolution as well as Data Protection. You'll also aim to develop a good understanding of SRA rules, relevant legislation and guidance so that you can assist with fee earner training as well as being a key point of contact for all email and telephone queries. As your knowledge grows, you'll provide input and suggestions to help drive best practice and improvements across General Counsel as well as the wider firm.
- Experience in a compliance or in-house legal function, working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Excellent academic background and a thorough understanding of the regulatory environment
- Knowledge of legal procedures and understanding of case management systems
- Able to work on your own initiative, working to resolve straightforward matters as well as collaborating with more senior colleagues to handle more complex queries
- Able to network and proactively build relationships across a range of departments with key stakeholders
- Practical skills in presenting and reportiong to senior managers, both in writing and face to face
An excellent salary is on offer for the Compliance Officer position.
You'll also receive Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services plus childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, flexible working options as well as a huge number of well-being initiatives.
Full details of the package on offer will be revealed once we receive your application.
The business you'll be working for is the 11th largest law firm in the UK, founded in 1912 and operating out of 14 UK offices with over 2,500 members of staff.
They're a company that are proud of their values and offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Compliance Officer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.