A HSE Advisor is needed for a globally known, market leading manufacturing business in South Yorkshire. Our client is a dynamic and innovative site covering both manufacturing and distribution that services a highly successful industry. With over 100 employees and a >£10M turnover, this is a superb opportunity for a HSE Advisor to add a true market leader in their industry to their resume.
Reporting to the Plant Director, the HSE Advisor will assist in generating and promoting a positive health and safety culture across the wider business.
This is a critical role in the business and, due to growth, our client is looking to find a determined and committed individual who will help mould and drive a successful HSE department.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Adopt and implement working practices that are safe and comply with current legislation.
- Implement, manage and control site H&S communication strategy.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Lead in-house training program and working with other departmental managers and employees cascading health and safety issues and risks.
- Attend site H&S meetings, ensuring minutes are taken and action plans made, including ensuring timely completion of action plans.
- Work with the occupational health department/providers to ensure employee safety and welfare in line with current legislation.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of a Health & Safety specialist in a manufacturing and distribution environment
- ISO 14001/45001 Experience (Auditor Preferred)
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
- Excellent social skills, empowering those around you
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a progressive Health & Safety Coordinator to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period.