Housing Management Officer – Young People
Salary: £27,408 per year, rising to £28,296 per year, after 1 year and 9 months successful probation
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to start in a new created role to provide a full housing management function in our supported housing projects which include Young People 16-25 years and Adults aged 18+ with complex needs.
The Housing Management Officer is an integral part of Hestia’s Domestic Abuse Supported Housing Team. Working alongside the service Support Workers and within a defined geographical area, the Housing Management Officer is responsible for all elements of housing management of our refuges, including the safety and security of the buildings, health and safety checks, repairs, income collection and ensuring that all buildings meet the high standards set by the organisation.
- An in-depth understanding of all aspects of housing management
- DWP, revenue and benefits legislation knowledge.
- Rent collection and arrears recovery management, plus an understanding of the pre action protocol
- An understanding of civil options available to ensure the safety of the building
- Knowledge and experience of move on options for people living in supported accommodation
What Hestia offers
- Holiday allowance of 25days/195hours per annum plus 8days/62.4hours public holidays (pro rata)
- Company Pension
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Hestia Rewards
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing support tools
- If applicable to the role, Hestia will also support you on joining our existing ASYE (Assisted and Supported Year in Employment) programme if you are interested and fit the criteria.
Hestia supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions. We campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people.