CALLING ALL EXPERIENCED HGV TECHNICIANS ......
Motus Commercials - DAF and Renault Dealership in Chester are recruiting for Commercial Vehicle Technician to join the team with:
- Relevant formal qualifications (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in HG/LC Vehicle Repair)
- Ability to inspect vehicles to VOSA requirements
- Previous Workshop/ Main Dealer experience
- A desire to develop
If you are ready for a new challenge as part of a highly successful HGV and Commercial Vehicle Group specialising in DAF and Renault Trucks where your contribution is recognised you could be just what Motus Commercials in Chester are looking for!
As a HGV technician with Motus Commercials - DAF and Renault Dealership in Chester main accountabilities will be to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required, including the ability to diagnose fault with the minimum supervision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- Examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- Interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- Draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- Protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- Report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- Seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- Ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation are fully completed and signed off.
The ideal HGV technician candidate with Motus Commercials - DAF Dealership in Chester will:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in HGV/ LCV Vehicle Repair).
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Be willing to attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
The following experience would be an advantage for this role however, not essential:
- A HGV licence
- IRTEC certified
- Forklift Licence
- ADR Licence
- Good diagnostic skills
- Main dealer experience