Helpdesk Technical Support Apprentice
Founded fifteen years ago, EAC Network Solutions have built a solid reputation in Education, Charity and Commercial sectors for delivering tailored IT Solutions. We have also developed a sound reputation for planning, building and integrating BYOD solutions at a number of large and small schools. Our success is founded on a simple principal that each customer, and each solution needs to be investigated, quoted, planned and delivered based on it’s own success criteria. The same solution does not necessarily meet the requirements of all customers.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Support the other members of your team.
- Adhere to the core helpdesk processes, within your team.
- Provide first line technical support via telephone, email and remote access control.
- In line with Service Management Principles, provide a high level of customer service for all support queries.
- To take ownership of customer problems and be proactive when dealing with customers issues.
- To log and update all calls on the call logging system.
- Escalate more complex calls to an appropriate IT Support member.
- Liaise with external support partners, such as Vendors like Microsoft, Dell and Aerohive where necessary for any problems which cannot be resolved in-house.
- Assist other people within the organisation with the preparation of documentation such as a scope of work.
Within this role you will develop your knowledge and competency of the following key technology areas:
- Microsoft Windows, and some knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Understanding of Core Networking Services; DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Firewalls, TCP/IP
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Client Server Applications
- Operating System & Application Deployment and Updating
- Good communication skills, spoken and written
- Team player
- Logical thinker
- Customer service focus
- Self-motivated, with good time management skills
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism with the customer, other team members and third parties
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday to Friday - either 8:30am-5:00pm or 9:00am-5:30pm.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About the Company
QA is the UK’s leading Tech skills organisation. We are true specialists in technology, providing a comprehensive suite of both learning and talent services, helping individuals and companies to be winners in the digital revolution.
We power tomorrow by shaping the next generation of technologists, leaders and innovators. And we know if we get it right for the individual, we’ll get it right for our customers. Because we exist at the forefront of the digital revolution and provide the skills to build a new digital culture and enrich society – one learner at a time.
We are passionate about progress because we can see the bigger picture. Plotting the road ahead. Pushing the boundaries of learning. Powering potential.
Where can we take you?
There are four different ways to learn.
- Learn with a digital apprenticeship
- Train to become a digital transformation consultant
- Take a course, online or face-to-face
- Or access a higher education course
Whether you are looking to start your career, progress within your line of work or be part of the change by working with QA, we’ve got all areas covered to power your career.