Health & Safety and Security Advisor - Full Training Provided
Redhill, Surrey (initially home based due to COVID-19 restrictions)
Do you have experience in a senior admin role or working with regulatory systems? Want to gain a specialist skill set and grow with a business that invests in their people? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a brand-new position in our business offering plenty of variety and challenge. You will have the chance to really make the role your own and make a positive difference as part of a small, supportive and friendly team.
We place a big emphasis on training, and we have the Silver Investors in People accreditation to prove it. You will be supported to gain your NEBOSH certificate and will benefit from on-the-job training to ensure your success as our Health & Safety and Security Advisor.
What’s more, we value our people and like to promote from within. This role has the potential to progress into a number of areas, including H&S management or quality, risk or audit management. There is also the possibility to work at Group level in the future, meaning the only limit to your career is your own ambition.
- Salary of up to £33,000 DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 37 hours per week (some flexibility required)
As a Health & Safety and Security Advisor, you will help to provide specialist advice on a range of safety, security and emergency planning matters.
Reporting to the Group Health, Safety and Security Manager, you will help managers, employees and partner contractors to comply with all aspects of SES Water’s health, safety, security and emergency planning policies, procedures and practices.
Some of your duties will include:
- Helping to develop and manage our Health and Safety Management System
- Building positive relationships with colleagues and contractors across the business
- Supporting the development of our Security and Emergency procedures
- Providing support to frontline managers during any security-related incidents
Other organisations may call this role H&S Advisor, Senior Administrator, H&S Assistant, Compliance Assistant, Compliance Administrator, Compliance Advisor, or Health and Safety Co-ordinator.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Health & Safety and Security Advisor with:
- An excellent eye for detail
- Good multi-tasking skills
- The ability to work well, both as part as a team and on your own initiative
- Experience of working in a senior administrative role and/or working with regulatory systems
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience in a similar role would be beneficial to your application, as would in-depth knowledge of safety, health and wellbeing legislation.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Health & Safety and Security Advisor, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.