Work location: London / Nottingham-based
Experian have an exciting new opportunity for a Head of Pricing & Bid Management UK&I to join a progressive Commercial Management function. The Pricing and Bid Management team drive the pricing strategy for Experian UK&I's B2B products, overseeing product and deal pricing, as well as managing the bid management activities for large bid responses. This is a unique opportunity for a Pricing and Bid Management professional to lead a critical team essential to Experian UK&I's growth plans. Experian are investing significantly in automation tools, analytics and innovative ways of working to enhance performance and outcomes. The appointed incumbent will lead and see through a transformation plan across the delivery of product pricing, deal pricing, deal processes while continuing to deliver professional expert advice to the P&L and Sales teams drawing on strong analytics.
Leading a team of 5 Pricing Managers and 2 Bid Managers, the incumbent will be responsible for guiding pricing and bid management strategies, the transformation plan, operational pricing and bid activities (including but not limited to; price books, deal pricing, pricing analytics, RFI/RFP response, optimising response content and pitch presentation approaches).
Key responsibilities include;
- Oversee production of pricing proposals for new deals and renewals, for review and approval to manage positive commercial outcomes for Experian
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to define pricing structures and price books based on value for all products & propositions
- Transform the pricing activities to drive control, governance and efficiency across all deal sizes and complexity through developing the use of standardised pricing, systems/tools
- Oversee the operational and analytical pricing support to our Sales teams with a focus on tracking negotiations, implementation of the pricing strategy, sales collaboration and pricing metrics.
- Viewed as a key member of the business leadership teams by providing strong commercial and pricing expertise.
- Review tender submissions for renewal and new product negotiations to ensure the most competitive pricing is offered and current strategic client business activity is maintained and developed.
- Lead pricing discussions with clients supporting Sales where necessary
Deal governance (incorporating both Pricing and Bid activities)
- Ensure bid and supplier questionnaire content is collated and available in advance, content is updated regularly and reviewed for quality and further expansion.
- Increase the efficiency, win rates and win values of our bid responses - through stronger preselection of where to bid, improved quality of bid input, automation, reusable content, continuously improved ways of working and other focus areas
- Build on existing repositories and work closely with the marketing, product and propositions teams to ensure material is collected in advance to facilitate more efficient turnaround on deals.
- Define and maintain records to track key performance indicators
- Own the deal governance process (both systemised and manual reviews) ensuring it is effective and efficient. Continually look for opportunities to enhance the process.
- Chair segment level deal reviews as required. Oversee the bid process from sign on to completion and transform our responses so they are differentiated from the competition in their quality, working with inputs from all over Experian. Engaging earlier to ensure quality is provided through all stages in client processes.
Key requirements include;
- Minimum 8 years of working within a pricing capacity; preferably at least 3 years running a Pricing team in a Technology company, with some Bid management experience.
- Strong financial understanding ensuring profitability and commercial optimisation
- Experience of value-based pricing. The ability to understand the drivers of value and apply them in price negotiations and in developing standardised product pricing.
- Excellent people management, delegation and development skills
- Excellent organisation and project management skills. Able to successfully juggle the day-to-day 'urgent' customer responses while still moving forward with projects and process transformation at pace.
- Good team player able to work with all other functions - including but not limited to Sales, Product, Commercial Management, Finance
- Experience negotiating directly with customers a plus
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and effectively delegate across the team.
- Comfortable with multiple systems and tools including sf.com, and all Microsoft office
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,200 people in 44 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it's really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay #LI-G