Teledyne Defence & Space (a business unit of Teledyne Aerospace & Defence Electronics UK) provide enabling technologies for industrial growth markets. We have evolved from a company that was primarily focused on aerospace and defence, to one that serves multiple markets that require advanced technology and high reliability.
Teledyne Defence & Space (TDS) can offer fully integrated SwAp-C EW solutions, MFA’s and fully operational RWR systems. With unrivalled RF & MW application knowledge we have experience of creating innovative solutions for the most challenging applications.
We also specialise in integrated frequency conversion and filter products for satellite payloads and have been selected to supply Flexible Channelisers to OneWeb for its satellite payload system designed to provide low earth orbit broadband internet access worldwide. TDS are also proud winners of The Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2019: International Trade and The Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2020: Innovation.
- Management of production scheduling, material scheduling for the OneWeb programme
- To communicate with other Operations staff and service departments regarding production information and plans and to highlight in advance any potential problems.
- Maintain the integrity of the XA MRP system demands.
- Lead time, yield management for Manufactured and procured items.
- Management of controls for commodity suppliers and consumable suppliers to the shopfloor.
- Development and management of the OneWeb planning process
- Demand Planning and forecasting for all areas. Production, capacity planning, Scheduling, Demand Planning for all operational activities on the OneWeb programme
- Maintains work centre schedules to ensure proper job scheduling and capacity limitations are understood and communicated when necessary
- Generates production schedules and highlight material and labour shortages. Production planning of workflow from order through to completion planning capacity to ensure customer deliveries are made on time
- Providing accurate daily forecasts Analyses sales forecasts changes and communicate issues to lower material schedulers, production managers and supervisors.
- Management of the implementation of Engineering change through the business.
- Releases production work orders to Manufacturing
- Ensures that internal departments are kept abreast of work order status, inventory levels and projects
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and policies
- Continuous improvement projects
- Experience of managing a planning function within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cost accounting fundamentals and labour reporting
- Working knowledge of material master maintenance, BOMs, routings/recipes, work centres and labour reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience as a high-level user of business planning systems, MRP systems and other such software tools.
- Able to communication verbally and within various media internally at TDS and externally to TDY & Customers/suppliers.