Company: Milexa Group
Position: Head of Operations
Location: Liverpool City Centre (Baltic Triangle)
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Production Manager, Customer Support Manager
Salary: £50k - £55k
The core mission of the Head of Operations is to oversee Operations at Milexa Group. You will set and deliver the operational strategy for the business; executing your plans within the operations department and across the company to deliver business goals with maximum efficiency, scalability and profitability.
You will also join the senior leadership team and work closely with the Managing Director and other members in shaping the business strategy, and your operational element, to help us scale-up as we move through a period of rapid growth and global expansion. You will also lead key company projects and initiatives to supercharge our progress.
Role Objectives & Outcomes
- Create and begin the execution of your operational strategy at Milexa Group within 3 months, using existing plans and strategy to guide this
- Gross profit margin %
- OTIF - Dispatch on time and in full
- Customer operations quality and efficiency metrics
- Oversee Operations at Milexa Group; define and lead the operational strategy and plan for the business, directly overseeing the operational departments that deliver our proposition (Production & Customer Ops)
- Translate your strategy into actionable plans, roadmaps, objectives and performance targets, managing and delivering these against plan.
- Operations dept management; deliver your plans, achieve standards & targets for quality, efficiency & profitability, line management of Production and C.Ops managers, continuous improvement.
- Join the Leadership Team; report on performance and strategy during weekly performance meetings and quarterly planning sessions, work with MD and leadership team to shape company strategy through your operational strategic insight.
- Develop and lead key projects; departmental level projects and co. wide strategic projects/initiatives that fall within your Operations scope and expertise
- Building and adapting systems to cope with our growth plans; working closely with Head of Tech and utilising and implementing technological solutions across the business and in your departments
- Work closely with the Head of People on People resource planning, promoting company culture, employee engagement and productivity.
- Be an ambassador for our company values and leadership principles with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee compliance with health and safety, legal product requirements, etc. with support from the management team.
Skills, Competencies Experience and Personal Attributes
- Alignment to Values; you strongly align to our core company values
- Minimum of 3 years full-time working experience in an operations management role; experience in running a production/manufacturing environment and/or customer support operation highly beneficial.
- Excellent leadership & management ability; experience in leading and managing teams, fosters the development of a common vision, provides clear direction and priorities, clarifies team roles/responsibilities & aligns to plans, provides challenging assignments with candid feedback and coaching to team members, co-ordinates and monitors execution, sets an ambitious pace.
- Strategic; experience in developing operational strategies and plans, a strategic mindset and approach, makes timely and sound decisions, ability to cut through the noise and find the key point in a range of complex issues, logical and analytical approach
- Planning, execution & project management; track record of developing short- and long-range plans that are suitably comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals, integrates planning efforts across work units, delivers, project management / project delivery experience.
- Process driven; experience of developing and implementing efficient business processes and systems, a logical, process driven and systematic mindset, process and value stream mapping experience beneficial, ability to apply these skills broadly across the business, experience in working with tech and systems desirable.
- Communication; speaks clearly, can convey oneself & information clearly and effectively in written and spoken settings, good presentation skills
- Financial & quantitative data skills; comfortable with and embraces the use of data for decision making and performance mgmt, establishes budgets, uses financial and quantitative information effectively in day-to-day management, comfortable with management accounts and spreadsheets, quick analysis skills
- Driving change and continuous improvement; track record of driving impactful change in previous roles, challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives, acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change, lean manufacturing and six sigma knowledge beneficial.
- Quality and efficiency; emphasises the need to contribute to the company's profitability, makes decisions that enhance the financial position of the business, can improve efficiency and profitability whilst maintaining quality standards, good quality management skills.