Group Transport Manager
Ruskim Seafoods Ltd
Ruskim Seafoods is one of the UK’s leading importers and distributors of frozen, chilled and ambient food products operating out of several depots throughout the UK & Ireland.
We are currently recruiting for a Group Transport Manager based in Telford to create a culture to deliver, empower and optimise performance to oversee our transport outbound operation. Ruskim Seafood is offering around 40K plus Car & benefits
The Ideal Group Transport Manager:
- CPC Holder
- Able to demonstrate both operational and strategic transport management experience
- Able to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Strong operational knowledge of planning and scheduling with strong leadership skills
- Able to Couch, Train, develop the team
- Outgoing, confident, ambitious individual with a can-do attitude
- Good decision-making skills, able to analyse, prioritise and plan as well as responding to quickly changing workloads with current climate.
- Familiar with transport management systems to help with KPI’s.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Food Service transport experience could be beneficial
- Demonstrates Health and safety leadership and commitment through embedding the safety culture, promoting engagement across all levels and working closely with the Insurance Brokers
- Responsible for the strategic management of a mixed own fleet of 75-80 vehicles, ranging from sprinter vans to artics.
- Oversee the recruitment and management of drivers and the regular reviewing of their performance
- Responsible for the organisation of the maintenance and statutory compliance of the vehicle fleet, ensuring servicing and MOT's are managed in-line with current legislation
- Responsible for the maintenance/amendments of the companies’ HGV operating centres
- Lead Change and projects effectively through high-level problem-solving capability and facilitation skills
- Collaboratively work with cross functions and maintain industry relationships to maximise performance and identify synergies.
- Managing day to day transport operations with the help of the team
About the Role:
The role is based at the head office in Telford and has three direct reports in the transport department. The Company operates from 5 depots in England and one in Eire, each depot has someone locally responsible for transport, but some travelling will be required to ensure the smooth operation of each of the depot’s fleets.
A large part of the role is ensuring the company gets 'value for money' in all areas of transport spend. Current estimated transport spend is circa £2.5m and you will undertake a strategic review to look into ways to reduce this cost whilst maintaining service levels.