The TVS Group is looking for a Group Buyer to join their Purchasing Department. The job holders will ensure that all materials, goods and services are purchased effectively – most competitive prices for the right quality to agreed time scales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain close control of purchasing for all materials, goods and services ensuring that best quality, price and delivery are achieved to departmental KPI’s.
- Arrange where possible to establish Group buying deals, in conjunction with the Group Head of Purchasing.
- A strong negotiator with a demonstrable history who is able to effectively manage, negotiate and control categories of spend.
- Negotiate orders, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Raise purchase orders and deal with invoice queries.
- Conduct contractual negotiations with suppliers to ensure that all contracts reflect a robust flow-down of our contractual terms and conditions and to minimise commercial risks.
- Management and control of purchasing systems
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Effective and proactive liaison with other departments as necessary.
- Make positive contribution to business decisions
- Access more effective suppliers capable of supporting design initiatives and/or cost out strategies
- Administration and reporting as necessary.
- Monitoring and identifying new products and sources of supply
- Staying up-to-date with market conditions
- Evaluate and support resolution on material quality, price, supply issues, delivery and invoice discrepancies.
- Propose and implement job related process improvements, participate in cross-functional reviews.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review potential cost reduction activities
- Liaise with stores and production to make sure deliveries are in line with company requirements.
- Liaise with Suppliers and H&S Manager to ensure all deliveries comply with Company Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the Health & Safety policy
- To ensure the correct and timely purchase of component parts, so that stock levels are maintained
The working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please send your CV at email@example.com quoting job title in subject line. For an application form please contact 01945 475234.