Job Title: Graduate E-commerce Analyst
Location: B24 8HZ (Birmingham, near J6 M6). Eligible for remote working - see below.
Starting salary: £20,000 to £25,000 /year
Mobile Fun is the UK's leading e-commerce retailer for mobile device accessories, offering a comprehensive range of accessories for the latest mobile devices, including some great own-brand products in our Olixar and LoveCases product ranges. We have a portfolio of online channels, including country-specific Mobile Fun websites, online marketplaces and niche brands.
We've been going strong for 20 years, we're based in Birmingham and we have around 60 employees, with some based overseas and some working remotely. We're an ambitious and motivated team and we're proud to be beating the competition to thrive as the world's best online retailer for mobile device accessories.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who can contribute towards the maintenance and growth of Mobile Fun’s systems and websites, driving innovation with new ideas and insightful data to ultimately provide our customers with the best experience possible.
This role is part of our 2 year e-commerce graduate acceleration programme. You'll be trusted with increasing responsibilities and be challenged in project work that constantly stretches your abilities with daily opportunities to develop new skills. As well as developing your career in e-commerce, you'll be mentored by your manager and have regular dedicated learning time and a chance to obtain professional qualifications so that you can build your professional skills to accelerate your career.
About the job
- Managing website improvement project work - working with colleagues and stakeholders to improve website and business systems.
- Acting as a product owner - working within an agile team with external developers to transform stakeholder requirements into measurable improvements.
- First line technical support - managing requests from colleagues and providing support for a handful of Mobile Fun IT systems.
- Enhancing business reporting - providing stakeholders with fresh insights into our customers and commercial data by using data integration tools to create and manage business reports and information.
- Improving the customer journey - Using analytical tools and feedback channels to identify customer requirements to continually improve Mobile Fun websites.
- You will be passionate about IT, having completed a degree within a technical subject(e.g. computer science, business information systems, data science, maths, etc.).
- You'll be super organised, a keen planner, good at managing your own workload and able to keep on top of project work, communicating with colleagues and technical support duties.
- You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to approach problems logically and provide colleagues with simple solutions.
- You will display commercial acumen and be customer focused, preferably demonstrating previous experience within e-commerce, retail or another customer orientated industry.
- You’ll be a fast learner and a positive thinker, able to face challenges with a positive attitude and be ready to rapidly learn about the ever changing e-commerce industry.
- You will have worked on IT projects and shown an ability to deal with stakeholders and their requirements.
- You will have worked on managing and transforming data into usable information, preferably having experience working with MySQL, Excel and Tableau.
- Most importantly of all, you will be an ambitious self-starter, always ready to take on the next challenge and actively looking for ways to provide value to the business.
- This role is eligible for working from home. We're not yet sure what the ‘new normal’ looks like but in this interim period, you would be expected to attend on-site for 2-3 days for your induction and as part of a skeleton team working on-site on rotation. In a post-COVID-19 world, you would be expected to be office-based for at least 2 days per week in order to spend time with your team, plus occasional additional office team collaboration days.
- Up to 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Access to online learning platforms and internal training programmes.
- Pension scheme matched to 6%
- Discount on our products and free review samples.
- Be part of an ambitious team working with colleagues who value trust and teamwork.
How to apply
- For first stage, please apply online.
- Successful applicants will be invited to remote video interview - to give us a chance to get to know you better.
If you think you are up for the challenge, apply today!