GeoEnvironmental Engineer - Brownfield
ByrneLooby is an international Civil/Structural/Geotechnical consulting engineering practice. We work with our clients to deliver value solutions for challenging projects across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. We realise that our clients need much more than engineering designs - they need functional solutions which deliver value. We are passionate about engineering and always strive to optimise solutions for clients. We have worked with contractors and construction professionals for many years and we understand the importance of delivering solutions that are buildable, simplify construction and consider all construction stages.
- Reporting to Brownfield Land Associate Director/ Technical Director
- Basic understanding of geotechnical and brownfield risks and understand the integration of geotechnical solutions on projects.
- Project management and technical delivery of projects:
- Basic financial and project management (understanding project finances and working to a budget)
- Plan and manage ground investigations and monitoring
- Prepare Phase 1, 2 and 3 risk assessment reports
- Manage and validate remediation schemes
- Supervision and verification of remediation
- HH and CW GQRAs.
- Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and outside agencies
- Support the Associate Director and Technical Director of the Brownfield Team
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to work as part of a team and to engage with senior management, clients, and regulators.
- Good understanding of brownfield engineering and contaminated land.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand complex problems.
- Can effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships, always aiming to exceed client expectations.
- Excellent time and organisational skills allowing completion of work to time and budget.
Is committed to Continued Professional Development and remains up-to-date with current developments in the industry
- Approx. 2 - 5 years’ experience for in Brownfield engineering.
- BSc or MSc in Geology/Earth/Environmental Sciences.
- Knowledge of UK/EU standards.
- Understanding of geotechnical/ground engineering.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.