We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate game developer to join our Total War team as a Senior Gameplay Programmer. This role comes with career development opportunities to lead on our future titles.
Based at our well established studio in the heart of Sussex in the UK, you will be working as a member of the battle code team on our next unannounced Total War title. In this role, you will be able to make a real impact on our game and battle engine. You will bring your knowledge and experience to help push the boundaries of our Total War battles by collaborating with the wider development team, striving to make our titles better than ever before. Key Responsibilities
In the role of Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War battle team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working to improve our existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Working on our proprietary codebase
- Developing the project closely alongside our design team
- Overseeing the architecture of future developments
- Contributing to the roadmap of future game development
- Mentoring more junior members of team
- Participating in stand-ups as well as project and team meetings
- Excellent C++ programming skill set
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Professional programming experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective collaboration with across the project
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, identifying risks before they become a problem, looking for ways to improve workflow and the code base itself
- A desire to lead a team and take part in the technical road map of future titles
- Passion and interest in games and game development
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- An avid gamer, ideally strategy games
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.