First Line ICT Support Apprentice
At Key Group, we are here to help people finance a better retirement. We are the later life lending experts, with a market leading specialism in equity release. We offer financial advice and solutions to help homeowners across the UK unlock a better retirement by accessing the wealth tied up in their properties. Or as we like to say, retirement finances, unlocked.
You'll be joining a growing Financial Services Company. The companies Head Office is in Preston, Lancashire.
They have a friendly and relaxed working environment where you can enjoy their dress down culture, fresh fruit Fridays, Charity days and regular Company Events.
You will be working in the companies IT Department and will be supported on your apprenticeship journey by the companies IT Service Desk Manager who himself has undertaken an apprenticeship and managed other IT Apprentices so will really be able to help and support you throughout your apprenticeship.
- Provide 1st / 2nd line support for the companies’ systems and applications
- Provide excellent customer service through phone calls, emails and face-to-face
- Ensure all new work is logged as a ticket within the companies ITSM tool
- Ensure that frequent updates are given on ticket progress
- Ensure tickets are updated with relevant technical information
- Ensure tickets are resolved in a timely manner
- Escalate issues to 3rd line and to the IT Service Desk Manager when required
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues
- Produce knowledge articles for technical and non-technical audiences
- Process new starters, leavers and role changes
- Provision and image equipment such as laptops, mobile phones and printers
- Ensure potential security concerns and risks are reported to IT Security
- Ensure confidentiality is upheld at all times
- Collaborate, share ideas
- Excellent IT Skills
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to understand commercial requirements to provide relevant IT solutions
- Good Software skills with knowledge of PHP, C#.NET & MS SQL would also be advantageous but not essential
- Courteous and helpful
- Can work well as part of a team but also of own initiative
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday - Friday: between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm (37.5 hours a week)
You will have the opportunity to forge a successful career in the company’s IT Department on completion of the apprenticeship, with an enhanced salary and perk package, new job title and responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to undertake further IT training.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About the Company
QA is the UK’s leading Tech skills organisation. We are true specialists in technology, providing a comprehensive suite of both learning and talent services, helping individuals and companies to be winners in the digital revolution.
We power tomorrow by shaping the next generation of technologists, leaders and innovators. And we know if we get it right for the individual, we’ll get it right for our customers. Because we exist at the forefront of the digital revolution and provide the skills to build a new digital culture and enrich society – one learner at a time.
We are passionate about progress because we can see the bigger picture. Plotting the road ahead. Pushing the boundaries of learning. Powering potential.
Where can we take you?
There are four different ways to learn.
- Learn with a digital apprenticeship
- Train to become a digital transformation consultant
- Take a course, online or face-to-face
- Or access a higher education course
Whether you are looking to start your career, progress within your line of work or be part of the change by working with QA, we’ve got all areas covered to power your career.