Financial Reporting Assistant Manager (12mth FTC)
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
We are looking to hire an Assistant Manager for 12 months to join the Financial Reporting team within the Fund Accounting Department. The role purpose is to support the day to day statutory financial reporting service delivery ensuring all client commitments and regulatory requirements are met, while supporting in building a high performing team through an open feedback culture. There will be no direct line management responsibilities in this role.
The Fund Accounting Department has responsibility for a number of different functions inclusive of daily net asset value (NAV) production, periodic oversight controls and production of statutory financial statements. The Department provides such functions for a range of fund types including UK Open Ended Investment Companies, a Property Authorised Investment Fund, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs and life & pension funds.
Operational Excellence, Risk and Control
- Responsible for ensuring all client KPIrsquo;s and service delivery commitments are being met.
- Responsible for ensuring client and regulatory change is implemented with no detrimental impact to client service delivery.
- Proactively review team processes to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies whilst also mitigating risks.
- Ensure all processes are adequately documented within procedures and maintained.
- Embed a strong risk and control culture within the team and adhere to the risk management framework.
- Regularly assess risks within the team and ensure controls are working effectively, minimising control failings and corresponding actions.
- Point of contact for clients, auditors, trustees, custodians and other departments within BNP Paribas Securities Services.
- Develop internal and external client and stakeholder relationships.
- Support the planning and management of client, audit, trustee and regulatory visits.
- Day to day responsibility and oversight of team service delivery.
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented where deadlines and quality standards are at risk. Escalation to Management where appropriate.
- Responsibility for performance and KPI reporting.
Skills and Experience required
Competencies required for the role:
- Effective communicator and ability to articulate complex issues effectively to management.
- Stakeholder management skills and client management experience.
- Exceptional organisational skills: prioritising your workload, strong time management and planning skills.
- Highly computer literate with excellent Word, Presentation and Excel skills essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet regular tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Project management and/or business transformation experience.
Qualifications required for the role:
- Professional accounting qualification
- Post qualified experience working in the Financial Services sector
- Detailed working knowledge of IMA SORP for Authorised Investment Funds
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.