Financial Reporting Accountant
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
The Fund Accounting Department has responsibility for a number of different functions inclusive of daily net asset value (NAV) production, periodic oversight controls and production of statutory financial statements. The Department provides such functions for a range of fund types including UK Open Ended Investment Companies, a Property Authorised Investment Fund, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs and life & pension funds.
To produce interim and year end financial statements in accordance with all regulations pertaining to the above fund types and in accordance with client service level agreements.
- To meet client KPIrsquo;s and service delivery commitments
- To produce interim and year end individual and aggregated financial statements for assigned funds
- Timely completion of internal team management information
- Working closely with Fund Accounting and Shared Service teams in managing responses to Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians and other departments within BNP Paribas Securities Services for those funds assigned responsibility for.
Risk and Control
- Adhere to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for new and existing processes
- Timely escalation of any issues to Senior Accountant and Assistant Manager
- Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken, and evidence retained, where deadlines / quality standards are at risk
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid numerical and analytical skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Being responsible, reliable and accountable
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and regulations pertaining to Open Ended Collective Investment Schemes
- Relevant accounting degree desired
- Working towards or studying for a professional accounting qualification
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.