Financial Operations Analyst
Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:
As a Financial Operations Analyst (Senior Associate) at Kainos, you will support the Operations Manager in the management of the day to day operational processes within the Business Unit (BU). This will support the management team and wider BU including sales, revenue and staff forecasting, staff allocation and recruitment forecasting, month-end closure, profitability and working capital.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Operations Manager to support and improve regional revenue and staffing forecast accuracy
- Reviewing sales pipeline and ensuring that delivery timelines are co-ordinated and revenue profiling is accurate
- Providing operational process support within the region within the BU including revenue and staff forecasting, staff allocation, recruitment, and profitability.
- Supporting staffing within the region and develop a strong awareness of the needs of both the project and the individual.
- Providing analysis on KPI data and present findings to the Operations Manager / Client Directors
- Tracking staff utilisation providing support for corrective action where appropriate.
- Enforcing compliance of the month-end closure process within region including timesheet submission, invoicing and debt collection.
- Analysing of all non-project time
- Supporting the Operations Manager in liaising with Central Teams within the business
- Supporting continuous improvement and refinement of operational processes and communicating and presenting these processes to the wider BU.
- Sharing and promoting operational and commercial best practice across the BU.
Minimum (Essential) requirements
- Newly qualified accountant (CA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc) or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Professional Services or Finance Team environment
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong commercial awareness within a professional services environment
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to understand and interpret data
- Demonstrable ability to develop relations across different parts of the business
- Willingness to learn new things and an ability and desire to drive initiatives forward
- Excellent communication skills with an affable and credible persona.
- Ability to work under own initiative
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good team player
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical, and staffing challenges facing Kainos.
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all Kainos offices as and when required.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).