30+ days ago
Role: Europe Financial Controller
This permanent position is to manage the centralized statutory and management accounts for GBG Europe (which includes the Footwear, Accessories, Apparel and Entertainments divisions and Europe Corporate. GBG Europe has legal entities in the UK, France, Germany and Italy and sells licensed and own brands products across customers across wholesale, e-commerce and retail channels. This is a developmental role that could lead to further career opportunities available within the group.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Manage the centralized accounts (statutory and management) for GBG Europe by doing the following key tasks:
• Maintain and document the control processes for GBG Europe
• Maintain and document the Europe Chart of Accounts Manual
• Manage the central Finance team responsible for maintaining the general ledgers (statutory and management) for all GBG Europe businesses
• Manage the statutory audits and work with the Statutory Accountant to prepare statutory accounts
• Manage the Europe Credit Control team to improve cash collections and to ensure that the Credit Management policy is implemented
• Work with the Statutory Accountant to provide technical accounting support for centralized European legal entities to ensure compliance with IFRS and that new accounting policies are implemented on time, in particular IFRS 9, IFRS 15 & IFRS 16.
• Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts for all European businesses
• Ensure that central team prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all key accounts
• Prepare monthly management reports of actual versus budgeted overhead costs by cost centre with explanations for all material variances for all the businesses in centralized Europe Corporate function
• Work with the Greensboro / Panyu Share Service Centre to manage Accounts Payable
• Review the work performed by the Greensboro / Panyu Share Service Centre
• Work with the Licensing department to manage the MG tracker which includes all Pan European licensing and intercompany royalty recharges
• Manage European inter-company reconciliation process and management recharge process
• Manage the team (and external accountants) to ensure that year end statutory accounts are prepared for European entities (UK, Germany, France and Italy) under local GAAP
• Work with the FP&A team to prepare of annual budgets and monthly / quarterly reforecasts
• Prepare weekly cash forecasts
• Other ad hoc tasks for the European Finance Team, as required
Skills & Qualifications:
• ACA (or International equivalent) or ACCA from Top 20 accounting firm with post qualification work experience
• Experience working in a business with inventory
• Experience managing a credit risk and a Pan European credit control function
• Proven track record of managing large teams
• Enthusiastic team player with “can do” attitude and ability to work flexibly
• Experience with financial controlling, statutory accounts production and COSEC filings.
• Detailed knowledge of IFRS/FRS101.
• Possesses strong analytical/planning skills, together with a strong accounting/control background.
• Proven track record of identifying and remediating problems and solving issues
• Detailed knowledge of AX, SAP and BPC is considered favorably (and ability to learn new systems swiftly).