Field Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer -Garage Equipment
Leeds, Yorkshire, UK
2 days ago
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Founded in London in 1922 the company has been at the forefront of vehicle servicing & maintenance ever since. They are a business full of great people who care about their jobs, their colleagues and their customers. They are currently looking for someone to fulfil the following.
Field Service Engineer sought to carry out installation, service and repair of a range of garage equipment, within a defined geographical area (work not restricted solely to this area - travel to other areas of the UK and overnight stays may be required depending on the needs of the business). The nature of the work involves a fluctuating workload and a flexible approach to start and finish times of the working day and week is required.
- To liaise with field sales staff to maximise sales opportunities within the area and advise any relevant local knowledge
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies, company procedures, and ensure that work practices comply with the GEA code of conduct
- On time submission of paperwork/REA (remote engineer access) reports to head office
- Participation in training as required including technical product training, UKAS lab accreditation, Health and Safety, paperwork/REA completion and engineer code of conduct.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve service performance with regard to van stock holdings and working practices
- Escalate technical queries to line manager
- Adhere to and comply with company policies and procedures
- Take responsible care for all company property including vehicle
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with customers and colleagues in a professional manner
- Build and maintain customer relations
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Can-do logical approach demonstrated
- Valid driving licence
- Relevant technical background
- Technical competence across a range of garage equipment
- Flexible approach to changing workloads
- Efficient and productive use of available working hours
- Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering Experience and qualifications
- Monday - Friday 40hrs per week on a swings and roundabouts basis
- Death in Service Benefit (after a qualifying period)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Company recognises their duty to actively promote Equal opportunities for all employees and to eliminate discrimination (whether direct, indirect or perceived) in its various forms.
It is their intention to do what is reasonably practicable to ensure the company's employment methods and procedures achieve this.
The main areas for recognised discrimination are: Age, Disability, Gender Re-assignment, Marriage & Civil Partnership, Pregnancy & Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation.
THE COMPANY HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Avoid discrimination by any of its employees against another person, or group of people
- Treat all people equally in terms of opportunities (Job offers, promotions, wages, training etc)
- Make available the necessary equipment or environment to allow equal chances in employment
- Ensure indirect discrimination does not occur
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Garage Equipment technician, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Garage Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer will also be considered for this role.
About the Company
Automotive Sales and Repair Services