Family Support Worker / Senior Support Worker
£8.91 - £11.5 / Per Hour
Rotherham, Yorkshire, UK
3 days ago
Family Support Worker / Senior Support Worker
Do you have experience in working within health and social care, but looking for a new and exciting challenge?
If you are looking for a change in career, we can offer excellent opportunities and full training would be given!
Job Types: Full-Time, Part-Time and Zero Hours (the role involves shift work, including working at night, sleep-ins, weekends and bank holidays)
Salary: £8.91 - £11.50 per hour (dependant on training and experience)
Recognised for our innovative and high-quality services, Progressive Care is a leading National provider of services for Children's & Families, Young People and Adults across South Yorkshire, East Midlands and the North West.
We now have attractive and exciting opportunities for a passionate, ambitious and driven individuals to support in achieving the best possible outcomes for children and their families. Our services are recognised for provide high-quality assessments. Building on this, we are seeking to appoint experienced and motivated Support Workers / Senior Support Workers to support and drive the service forward.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide targeted assessments for families
- Safeguard children and parents through continued assessment, planning and reviews.
- Engage and build professional relationships with families
- Provide daily support and crisis management skills to families
- Support parents to reach their full potential to enable them to care for their child/ren
- Be involved in parent-child activities that support healthy attachments and child development
- Work collaboratively with community resources and advocate for Young People where necessary
The right candidate will:
- Having a Level 3 Children & Young Peoples Workforce Diploma is desirable. However, this is not essential as full training will be provided for successful applicants.
- Having experience working with children and their parents is beneficial. However, we welcome applicants that we feel would have the right aptitude, and life skills to work with families
- Have a genuine desire to support others to improve their lives
- Good Literacy and communication skills
- Patience and empathy towards some of the issues and challenges are faced by families
- Able to work flexibly, including bank holidays, evenings and weekends
- Excellent rates of pay dependent upon qualifications and experience
- A Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Constructive/reflective supervision to ensure thorough understanding of the role.
- Full access to our in-house Accredited Training Centre to ensure ongoing and extensive training resulting to recognised qualifications such as Level 4 Work with Parents, Incredible Years Parenting Programmes and Level 2 Team Leading
- A career in a growing organisation with excellent opportunities to progress into more senior roles within a company that focuses on developing staff and promoting from within
- Continued professional development
- An extremely rewarding and fulfilling job role with great variety
Because of the nature of its work with children and vulnerable adults, Progressive Care uses the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to make checks at an enhanced level on all persons whose work or proposed work will involve regular contact with or working in close proximity to children and vulnerable adults in our care
For further information, please contact us now at 0114 2800 265 or at
About the Company
Progressive Care is a well-established National provider of care, assessment and support packages for Children, Families Young People and Adults. As an independent organisation with over 20 years of experience, the organisation encompasses a myriad of innovative services and interventions that can be accessed by a wide range of clients. Our experience and achievements in providing tailored and bespoke packages of Care and Support has led to a wealth of knowledge throughout the organisation that has helped to promote a nurturing culture. This has resulted in exceptional levels of services being delivered by enthusiastic, highly talented, committed multi-disciplinary staff teams. The range of services we provide include: • Residential Homes for Children • Registered Family Assessment Centres • Residential Homes for Adults • Supported Accommodation for Young People • Supported Accommodation for Families • Supervised Contact Centres for Families • Floating Support services within the community • Therapeutic Services • Accredited Training & Education We deliver person centred bespoke packages of care and support within our homes, centres and communities. As a National provider of placements for Children, Families and Young People we have worked tirelessly to ensure individualised and tailored packages of care are provided to these vulnerable groups. We also take pride in the partnerships we have developed with local authorities, successfully introducing our wide range of services to meet the needs of the authorities in their region.
20 to 49 employees