1 day ago
Project Supervisor (Flexible base location)
We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for a full time Project Supervisor to join our UK South Team (the Midlands down) manage projects across the South of the UK.
The main purpose of the role will be to protect UPS assets including buildings, equipment, and grounds. You will manage construction activities (e.g., overseeing bid packages and contractors, managing quality control, and ensuring the end result meets UPS standards and environmental compliance regulations), coordinate construction and conveyor systems projects in multiple facilities, as well as ensuring cost and quality specifications are met. This may include project management of various projects ranging from building & conveyor modifications, to opening complete new facilities within defined budgets & timelines to the highest quality. You will facilitate process improvements to ensure efficiency of the conveyor systems and package flow. This position oversees General Contractors and internal Project Managers.
What you’ll be doing
• Manage Projects
• Supervises Conveyor Design and System Maintenance
• Maintains Compliance
• Performs Facilities Audits and Inspections
• Manages Budgets and Finances
• Supervises and Develops Others
• Reviews and Improves Processes
• Promotes Labor and Employee Relations
• Responds to Customer Requests (Internal & External)
• Supervises Vendor Outsourcing and Performance
• Maintains Construction Documentation
• Designs, Develops and Tests Engineering Solutions
• Adheres to Project Management and Construction Quality Standards
What you’ll get
• Basic Salary £42,000 dependent on experience plus a company car.
• Flexible base location
• Excellent benefits package including company pension, Bonus, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers and attractions and many more
• Full industry leading training providing our employees the opportunity to progress within the company.
• During COVID we are offering a flexible arrangement between location and home work.
What you’ll need
• Civil engineering, or architectural education
• Project management experience in construction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Able to work on own initiative and prioritize accordingly
• AutoCAD expertise in preparing engineering designs & specifications
• Good Cost Estimating Skills
• Good Negotiation Skills
• Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
• Industry experience or experience with conveyors would be beneficial
• Flexibility to travel
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.