Teledyne e2v is a global leader in specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications.
Our products are everywhere, hospitals, planes, ships and even outer space, but you will only see them if you know where to look.
Working with us will enable you to develop and gain experience in the ideas that are behind some of the most advanced technologies in the world. You will also get a chance to work alongside highly experienced engineers, technicians and scientists.
Our products do many things including saving people’s lives by finding and treating cancer, helping map our planet and the universe and freezing the atom down to 0° Kelvin.
With a long and enviable history of technical and scientific innovation, Teledyne e2v is always working at the forefront of technology
This position supports the Export Compliance Lead for the business’ division or segment in the areas of both exports and is responsible for the maintenance of Export compliance functions as it relates to the corporate exports polices for the business. The role demands high communication and collaboration skills, including interacting with all of the various functional areas, the Export Compliance Lead, and Teledyne’s Corporate International Trade Compliance (“CITC”) office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain effective export compliance practices at the business unit, in accordance with applicable UK and international export laws and regulations and Teledyne Technologies corporate export compliance policies and procedures.
- Promote appropriate management accountability and responsibility for export compliance.
- Maintain export compliance procedures and program documentation, including product export classification and regulatory jurisdiction; licensing and administration; security authorizations, denied party restrictions; proliferation and diversion screening; technology transfers; deemed exports; export documentation; recordkeeping; audits and training.
- Prepare license permits and other request for licenses and approvals
- Conduct export control reviews relating to technology transfers, including marketing materials, proposals, and engineering data
- Act as the export compliance liaison to other functional groups within the business unit (e.g., Sales and Customer Service Representatives, Engineering, Shipping) as well as outside parties (e.g., distributors, customers, logistics providers), as required
- Review export filings for accuracy and compliance with applicable CITC and business unit policies and procedures.
- Provide periodic reporting of relevant trade compliance data to corporate and segment-level trade compliance management.
- Assist the Export Compliance Lead in conducting regular export compliance training for senior management, engineers, scientists, shipping, sales and marketing and other functions involved in importing and exporting
- Assist the Export Compliance Lead in conducting periodic audits and self-audits and implementing corrective action, as required.
- Assist the Export Compliance Lead and CITC with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with export laws and regulations
- Attend CITC-sponsored trade compliance conferences, as required
- Attend external third-party export training seminars, as required
- Other trade compliance duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate will need to hold or be able to obtain SC clearance.
2-5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Export Controls Experience
Familiarity with the export Regulations; ability to apply technical knowledge of regulations to business transactions; and experience with automated denied party screening systems and UK Government on-line permit application procedures strongly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations, general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Outlook; MS Excel and MS Word software.