Estate Services Officer
Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday, buy and sell annual leave programme, Perkbox, health cash plan and more
We are currently looking for an Estate Services Officer to deliver a reliable, and responsive customer focused service to the organisation’s properties that require the inspection of communal areas to monitor compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements. In this role, you will also support the contract management of estate service contractors and work with the Neighbourhood Team to address community safety issues to improve customer satisfaction. In addition, you will ensure property management health and safety compliance and best practice are achieved.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out a programme of inspections weekly/fortnightly/monthly on the estate including all communal areas, estate areas, bin areas, play area and facilities
- Record outcomes of inspections, make recommendations and follow through actions to completion within agreed timescales
- Challenge contractors on not meeting the standards outlined in the contract
- Carry out skilled general maintenance work in all aspects of the facilities, both internal and external, as well as general DIY and maintenance including basic carpentry, plumbing, replacement of tiling and flooring, painting and decorating
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality housing service relating to communal repairs, cleaning and grounds maintenance through effective contract management and monitoring, including supporting the team with pre-/post- inspection of communal repairs as required
To be successful in this role you will require:
- A strong understanding of estate management, monitoring risk, health and safety, compliance and environmental services
- An understanding of all relevant legislation and landlord and resident obligations, including health and safety and community safety legislation
- Resilient, able to manage conflict and remains calm under pressure
- Valid driving licence
- Basic knowledge of safety compliance and health and safety
Candidates interested in applying should attach a cover letter outlining how they meet the essential criteria specified in the job ad as well as how they think they meet Housing for Women’s EPIC values.
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 85 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
To apply for the role of Estate Services Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Facilities Assistant, Facilities Officer, Facilities Apprentice, Maintenance Assistant, Property Maintenance Assistant, Maintenance Officer, Property Maintenance Officer, or Facilities & Maintenance Officer.