Environmental Test Engineer
Element Materials Technology
Element has an opportunity for an Environmental Test Engineer to join its growing team in Warwick. The engineer will work within Element Warwick - our European Environmental testing centre of excellence.
Will consider a Grad with Meng (BEng possibly with a year of other employment).
We have the largest capacity for Environmental Testing in the UK, making us the ideal choice of testing partner for the aerospace, military, transportation, energy and industrial manufacturers who need to ensure their product is compliant with either industry-specific standards of in-service conditions.
Must be UK national.
Must be eligible for Security Check (SC) clearance, so must have been resident within the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
- Plan, organise and perform a range of environmental tests in line with Test House procedures
- Design, detail and organise test rigs and fixtures as required
- Liaise with customers, other departments, Test Engineers, Test Technicians and external agencies
- Prepare test reports and test certificates
- Attend meetings where technical requirements are discussed
- Responsible to the Department Manager for the technical integrity of the work performed
- Prepare subcontract and ancillary item purchase requisitions
- Provide support with continuous improvement
- Educated in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Understanding of engineering qualification projects
- Significant experience of physical environmental testing/specifications relating to:Vibration/shock/altitude/Salt fog/Sand and dust/Fatigue
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships to all levels of the business and with customers
- Ability to plan, organise and manage work within the defined area of responsibility
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and thinking analytically
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to â€˜Make tomorrow safer than todayâ€™.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.Diversity Statement:
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming â€œthe worldâ€™s most trusted testing partnerâ€.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.TIC Council Statement:
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the â€œTIC Councilâ€), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com.