Environmental, Health & Safety Project Consultant (Associate Level)
Environmental Resources Management, Inc.
ERM is seeking a EHS Project Consultant / Project Manager to join our growing Health and Safety and Management Systems technical teams in the greater Washington, DC area. In this role, you will provide project management and technical assistance on health and safety compliance projects, safety management systems, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and compliance assurance programs for clients locally, nationally, and internationally. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging EHS management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Performance & Assurance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical and project management assistance on safety-related compliance projects, safety management system development and implementation, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and safety auditing.
- Develop safety procedures, plans, permits, and reports.
- Assess regulatory compliance across various safety programs and environmental media.
- Perform compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Design and implement safety management systems and programs for clients.
- Conduct training, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects.
- Provide on-site EHS compliance support at client facilities.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- BS in safety engineering, occupational health & safety, environmental science, industrial hygiene, or related discipline. MS preferred. Commensurate experience in place of degree fields will be considered.
- Experience managing health and safety projects.
- 4 to 7 years of health & safety field experience in industrial, technological or health-related environments with demonstrated advancement throughout career,
- Experience in biosafety is desired but not required.
- Professional registrations/certifications (CIH, ASP/CSP, CHMM, OHST, PMP) or aspiration to achieve is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA General Industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed regulatory interpretation of federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, MS Office computer, and analytical skills; experienced in writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Experience maintaining corporate management standards (either as a consultant or in an internal compliance support role). Expertise in EHS management systems (ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001) a plus.
- Auditing for health and safety compliance, and/or management system conformance, is desired but not required.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!