Berry Global, inc
The bpi division sits within the Engineered Materials Division of Berry Global Inc. a US listed company with an annual turnover of around $13bn and over 40,000 employees.
The bpi division has manufacturing sites across the UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland and Romania.
The opportunity exists for a engineering supervisor to join our maintenance team. The successful candidate will direct and organise the day-to-day activities of the Engineering team to ensure all maintenance activities are completed adhering to relevant regulations, policies and procedure.Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a Time served apprenticeship (or Equivalent), HNC or Degree level qualification in an Engineering discipline, Manager/Supervisor course qualification, proven track record in production engineering , experience using Lean and Six Sigma tools.Responsibilities:
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Daily management of Maintenance team by allocation of jobs, redeploying team members and effective management of the team
- Assist Manager, as directed, with the running of the shift including prioritisation and decisions on work.
- Maintains function and reliability of machinery and facilities by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Allocation of reactive & preventative maintenance activities and routine safety inspections.
- Coordinate training & coaching of new employees and apprentices.
- Deputies for the Engineering Manager in his/her absence.
- Assist with engineering maintenance tasks as and when required (see Electrical/Mechanical Engineer D&Râ€™s)
- Fully engage with the operations team to provide proactive support to the plant and equipment, maximising production output.
- Practice continuous improvement and pro-activeness for improved ways of working offering possible solutions
- Effectively involve specialists to resolve complex issues
- Maintain accurate and clear written records, maintaining documentation to a high standard.
- Ensure Engineering workshop and tooling is maintained to a high standard.
- Maintain operational stock levels of components/materials required for Maintenance.
- In addition, it is expected that the job holder will undertake any reasonable tasks within the scope of the post as requested by their Manager.