Engineering Manager - Telecoms also interested in Telecoms Project Engineers
West Midlands or The North West of England
Salary / Benefits:
£65,000 - £75,000 plus car/allowance and package.
Working for a principal contractor with a successful track record of delivering projects on the UK's national rail network. An opportunity for an experiencedTelecomms Engineering Manager has opened up to support our clients CP6 frameworks throughout the LNE and LNW regions.
Based either on the LNE or LNW you will take responsibility for all production and commercial functions within the Design & Engineering Department and to maintain and maximise quality of service and profitability, reporting directly to the Business Manager.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- Extencive background in Rail Telecoms
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a similar role
- Understanding of GSMr (IVRS / BTS) network, CISCO, Keymile XMC desirable
- Minimum HND/HNC or degree in Engineering
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with the drive and focus to deliver results through teams
- Ability to build efficient and competent design teams
- Ability to manage individuals ranging from Graduate's/Trainee's through to experienced Design Coordinators
(The existing equipment is a Telecoms Location Case (TEH) and a GSMr Base station (BTS) which is replaced by an FTNx node. The BTS equipment (Kapsch) is not replaced at this stage)
- Manage the Design & Engineering process
- Manage external designers, design consultants & design coordinators
- Ensure design & Engineering resource levels (directly employed & contract staff, suppliers, sub-contractors) are appropriate to deliver current contracts.
- Support the Project Delivery teams
- Understand and maintain up to date Design Process/Guides for all relevant workstreams
- Ensure that any Client driven project specific design procedures are implemented and maintained
- Maximise turnover and profit in accordance with Business Plan and Budget for the design process
- Maximise cash flow in accordance with Business Plan and Budget for Operations for the design process
- Ensure compliance with the Company's commercial and financial reporting systems and procedures
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.