End User Technology Analyst L2
End User Technology Analyst – L2 (EUT L2)
Role Summary & the company
Mail Technology is the IT Service provider for the dmg media set of companies owned by DMGT (Daily Mail & General Trust). These include many well known and most loved brands including Daily Mail, Mail Online, The Mail on Sunday, Metro and The i. Through our national newspapers, websites and mobile services, we connect with over 45% of the UK's adult population with over 130 million consumer touch points per month.
We are seeking a suitable candidate to join our Desktops Services/L2 Team supporting >3500 employees and >4000 client devices across the businesses. The successful candidate will join a team of 6 people on a small shift rota basis reporting to the End User Technology Manager. The IT Helpdesk and L2 Desktop Teams are a focal point of our service delivery operation and account for circa 3500 tickets per month, most often from colleagues working to tight business deadlines where interaction, communication and resolution become paramount to success. Attitude, professionalism, sympathy, empathy, patience, diplomacy and commitment are imperative; not only do we want to build trusted working relationships, but at the same time continue to shape the perception of IT Services.
For the right candidate, this is a fantastic customer facing opportunity to join a fast paced media company and be part of an advancing technology department. The right candidate will experience a rewarding role that blends a mixture of hands on technology support and end user satisfaction whilst often being at the forefront of new technologies.
Type of role Permanent
Probationary Period Initially 3 Months with potential extension (milestone assessments throughout)
Location DMG Media, Leicester, St Georges Street, LE1 1ZP
Team Hours of Support 8am until 6pm Monday to Friday
Role Description / Responsibilities
Operating to the ITIL framework, Desktop Services are the first point of face to face contact for all underpinning technologies used by our customers including niche Line of Business Applications, Identity Management, Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Apple Mac, Anti-virus software, Microsoft Office Productivity suites and portable devices. EUT L2 Desktop Services work closely alongside a wider IT Team (~100 staff) dealing with 3rd line peers, as well as vendors daily in order to deliver the required service levels to our customers.
This technical role will be challenging. It requires outstanding communication skills, and the ability to capture technical issues or customer and vendor dialog in a clear, concise and non-patronising manner. You will be personable, diplomatic and able to engage with our customer-base in a way which instils confidence while maintaining the values of the IT operation. The analysts are often dealing with customers who maybe up against a deadline driven target, working remotely or reporting on a story from a location somewhere else in the world.
The successful candidate will;
- Have experience of operating within a large corporate technology environment with similar volumes of users mentioned above.
- Have outstanding communication skills, telephone manner and have a passion for technology.
- Have a positive attitude at all times, both when dealing with colleagues and importantly our customers
- Be able to keep calm under pressure, especially in situations involving our customers or business deadlines
- Have experience of working in a large corporate aligning with a similar ticket throughput volumes (circa 4000 pm).
- Have experience working with an IT Service Management system e.g. Service Now, BMC Software, Remedy, Heat, Front Range, CA Service Desk Manager, IBM Tivoli etc.
- Have a very strong ITIL driven background and focus adhering to incident, request, change and problem methodologies.
- Have experience of end user administration, account management and roaming profiles.
- Have the skills to isolate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues by phone, remotely, email, or escalate to 3rd Line Engineers and or professional services to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
- Understand remove connectivity solutions including SCCM and Remote Desktop
- Be proactive and able to assign appropriate priorities while managing workload effectively.
- Be capable of working as part of a team in a challenging and demanding environment.
- Have good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful attention to detail.
- Display a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets.
- Ensure cross-team liaison both internally and with external vendors/suppliers to ensure Exec incidents and requests are handled with priority and that the customer is constantly updated as to progress.
- Work with internal IT Teams and project teams to facilitate project work-streams when required.
- Have a keen proactive interest in new technologies and share improvement ideas accordingly with line management. Contribution to team meetings is a must.
- Ensure consistent and concise communications in written and verbal form at all times adhering to templates where available e.g. software upgrades, service outages.
- Have the ability to manage upwards and field questions from senior and line management while managing expectations accordingly.
- Understand and work towards a strategy set out by senior management ensuring we adhere to direction and execute tasks are based on priority to meet strategy deadlines.
- Have an excellent grounding in client, server and file level security to ensure key business data and 'IP' is protected accordingly.
- Have the ability to coach other First line, IT Helpdesk staff through various tasks where required by way of knowledge transfer or "buddy system".
- Identity Management (Quest/Dell IDM/One Identity) / Active Directory Administration including group membership and Group Policy Troubleshooting
- PC, Laptop, Mac and Device Support with troubleshooting
- Windows 10 Operating Systems including profile management (Local and Roaming)
- Apple Mac OS (Desktop and Laptop)
- iOS / Android
- Security of the operating systems against Active Directory Groups
- Mainstreams Office Productivity Support – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access and Office 365
- Threat Response and End User Security Analysis pertaining towards Email Phishing, Track & Trace, Malware, Client detections and patch management including zero-day
- End Point Management & Tooling – SCCM & JAMF
- Software Deployment
- Compliance & Targeting
- Software Updates
- Remote Connection
- Audit Administration
- VDI (VMWare Horizon) Administration, Management, Troubleshooting, and Image Updating/Patching
- Citrix Client Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Understanding of Basic Network Principles (WAN, LAN, WLAN, ADSL including TCP/IP/DHCP & DNS)
- VPN Technologies – End Point Configuration, Troubleshooting.
- User Management including Active Directory/Identity Management Systems
- Printer configuration and troubleshooting (Local and Network)
- Email and Web Site Security/Troubleshooting & Blocking/Releasing (Microsoft EOP)
- End Point Security Technologies (Windows Defender) and End Point Laptop Encryption (BitLocker/FileVault) for Mac and PC.
- Data search and analysis including reporting, extraction and normalisation
- Telephony System Administration and understanding (e.g. manager/secretary, routing, hunt-groups, night-service etc.)
- Complete life cycle management of desktop operating systems and application deployment for all offices; including initial configuration; primary QA and Functional Testing.
- Site Visits & Site Upgrade/Migration Planning – BAU e.g. next version of Windows 10 & Project Based
- Exchange 2016 Support experience
- ServiceNow (Service Management ITIL Tool)
- Analytical Skills (Data Manipulation, Reporting, Trending, Pivot Tables/Charts) PowerBI
- Apple Mac Accredited
- Video Conferencing (Cisco, Vidyo, Skype for Business, Zoom)
- Microsoft MCSA or equivalent in Windows 7 or Windows 10 (MCP)
- Advanced Networking expertise (TCP/IP)
- Experience of publishing/media industry sector
- ITIL Foundation & Prince 2
- Virtualisation Expertise
- Understanding of monitoring solutions and process flow diagrams
- Experience with working with various collaboration tools such as Trello & Slack
- The successful candidate will understand that the team operate a shift covering 8am until 6pm Monday to Friday – flexibility to cover shifts at short notice maybe required where circumstances dictate.
- The successful candidate will understand that the business is a 24/7 operation and there may be times (planned or unplanned) when works may need to take place out of hours e.g. planned change control or service restoration. This will require a flexible approach.
- The successful candidate (after suitable training/knowledge transfer) will be added to an On-Call rota mainly as part of our threat response processes to security incident
What we can offer...
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you've been with us. Here's what to expect:
- 25 days' holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the PensionSaver (Auto) Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the PensionSaver Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.