Employability and IT Tutor
Working across Redruth and St Austell (currently home based due to COVID-19)
Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change (CN4C) is a charity and a social enterprise which aims to transform the quality of life for people, places, and communities.
We have been around since 2001 and are focused on affecting change that will help people have better lives, become better off and make better sense of the world around them, including navigating and making change to the systems that do not work for many people in Cornwall.
We’re currently looking for an Employability and IT Tutor to join us on a fixed-term contract until 31st December 2022 (which has the potential to extend subject to funding).
- Salary of £21,000 per annum
- Employers contribution pension scheme
- NHS Top-Up Healthcare plan membership for all staff
- Joining an organisation that is empowering Communities in Cornwall
- Welcoming and engaging work environment
If you have a teaching qualification and strong IT knowledge, this is an exciting opportunity to help learners increase their skills, gain confidence and achieve their goals.
You will become an integral member of a friendly and dedicated team who are passionate about challenging and supporting people to make a positive change in their lives.
So, if you want to increase your experience in the charity sector while helping people in your community to learn, grow and thrive, we want to hear from you.
As an Employability and IT Tutor, you’ll help learners to gain an understanding of the world of work and acquire the necessary skills sought by employers in a wide range of contexts.
In this key role, you will plan and deliver a range of IT courses in line with awarding body specifications and community learning programmes. You will assess individuals aged 16+ to determine which courses would be most beneficial, from entry level to level 3.
You will also:
- Carry out needs assessments with learners and provide advice and guidance in an inclusive way
- Plan and deliver employability programmes
- Help individuals to overcome barriers to learning and achieve their goals
- Provide learners with feedback on their work
- Co-ordinate and attend employer visits with learners
- Work collaboratively with our Education Team and provide technical support to other course tutors
To join us as an Employability and IT Tutor, you’ll need:
- Experience in the use of IT across a broad range of domestic and commercial applications
- To be an expert in the use of desktop applications including word processors, presentation packages, spreadsheets, the internet and databases
- To be comfortable using open source programs
- The proficiency to set up computers and internet connections from scratch
- The confidence to deliver IT user and employability courses online and in face-to-face teaching sessions
- An understanding of the necessary skills required for people to enter a competitive marketplace
- A teaching qualification at level 4 or above
Experience of, or a qualification in, mentoring, coaching, or information, advice and guidance would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role IT Skills Teacher, Employability Skills Tutor, Employability Skills Teacher, IT Skills Tutor, ICT Skills Tutor, ICT and Employability Coach, or Employability Coach.
The successful candidate will be required to provide two satisfactory references and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing their role.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Webrecruit and CN4C are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Employability and IT Tutor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week