Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Part of the Firm’s regulatory strategy is to maintain its commitment to a strong control environment and a culture of excellence with regard to regulatory delivery. The EMEA Programme Governance Team is charged with ensuring regulatory remediation activities and key strategic programmes deliver to the standards of quality and timeliness expected by Firm Management, Divisional Management and our regulators.
EMEA Programme Governance reports to the EMEA COO and consists of two core functions:
- Programme Portfolio Management, which oversees the delivery of strategic programmes and sets the bar for project management standards in the region
- Programme Delivery, which manages the execution of key Firm wide programmes on behalf of Firm Management
Role Description & Responsibilities
The EMEA Programme Portfolio Management Team is hiring a Project Manager/Business Analyst based in London to provide centralized support for the team. In this capacity, the candidate will work with divisional project managers and domain experts from across the Firm, including Firm Management, Sales and Trading, Finance, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Technology, to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables to Firm Management and the regulators. The role reports to the Head of EMEA Programme Portfolio Management.
Responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Maintain common project management standards through consistent use of project management frameworks and tools
- Assisting with the production of presentations and proposal documents
- Assisting in administering existing SharePoint / intranet sites
- Minute Steering Committee Meetings
- Proactively working with a wide variety of project managers and stakeholders to create and maintain realistic project plans, against which progress and deliverables will be tracked
- Executing project planning and dependency management
- Providing status reporting
- Support stakeholders in identifying, managing and resolving issues and risks that cross functions, including business analysis where required
- Delivering training and mentoring to embed good project management practice within the divisions
- Demonstrable experience in developing and administering complex cross divisional programmes in financial services industry
- Requires the ability to work in a consultative and analytic capacity to resolve programme execution issues
- Proven business analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management
- Proven ability to navigate in complex and ambiguous situations and manage a virtual team in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations while maintaining a tenacious commitment to quality and accuracy
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar high-performance environment
- Degree educated or equivalent, Project Management qualification highly desirable
- Excellent MS PowerPoint , MS Excel skills, MS Project and SharePoint skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.